Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
The Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) program helps you demonstrate your knowledge and organizational skills for developing more
streamlined operations. Since its launch in 2006, more than 20,000 professionals in 82 countries have earned the CSCP designation.
This CSCP training course is a 50 hour program over 2 months studying the material from APICS with a certified and highly experienced trainer to ensure students are ready to take and pass the exam after the course. The exam is not part of this course and needs to be booked separately (the trainer will support with bookings).
Why you should earn the CSCP designation
- Increase your salary - on average designees see a 12% increase
- Improve your hiring potential by 65%
- Maximize your organization's ERP investments
- Effectively manage global end-to-end supply chain activities
- Understand how to increase customer satisfaction
- Increase your professional value and secure your future
What is CSCP?
Helps candidates demonstrate their knowledge and organizational skills for developing more streamlined operations across the extended supply chain.
CSCP focuses on the mastery of the extended supply chain, from organizations’ suppliers through to the end customers. The CSCP designation validates professional understanding of supply chain management and the integration of operations across the extended supply chain.
Who needs CSCP and why
This Preparatory Course is formulated to cater for the needs of:
- Professionals seeking in-depth knowledge and understanding of their entire supply chain
- Employees hoping to boost productivity and collaboration
- Innovators promoting global supply chain management
- Managers working to affect lead time, inventory, productivity, and the bottom line
- Hard workers trying to move forward in their careers
Employer benefit: The CSCP program helps employees master advanced supply chain management principles that extend beyond an organizations internal end-to-end operations from suppliers to customers. It provides a higher-level of knowledge and skills needed to streamline operations and produce bottom line results.
Candidate benefit: The CSCP program provides candidates with the necessary tools to effectively manage global supply chain activities and enables them to implement best practice approaches to increase supply chain efficiencies.
CSCP preparation course
Module 1: Supply chain design
Module 2: Supply chain planning and execution
Module 3: Supply chain improvement & best practices
- English (with Arabic support)
- APICS study kit
- Classroom study
- 2 months
- 2 sessions week
- 3 hours per session
The first class is scheduled to begin August 13th.
The cost of this course is $1,500, discounts are available for corporates with multiple participants.
How to earn the CSCP
After studying the material in the course with an experienced tutor, candidates must pass one exam to earn the CSCP designation and are required to maintain the CSCP designation every five years. APICS recommends Instructor-Led classroom courses that are offered by APICS recognized instructors worldwide.
Once you’ve prepared for the exam, schedule and take the CSCP exam at a location near you. In Iraq there are Pearson Vue Centres in Erbil, Baghdad, and Sulaimaniyah. The exam process will be explained by the trainer.
Eligibility requirements for CSCP:
- 3 years of related business experience or
- Bachelor’s degree or the international equivalent*, or
- CPIM, CLTD or CSCP, CTL, CFPIM, CIRM, SCOR-P, C.P.M., CSM or CPSM designations
*APICS defines the international equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree as the level of study that would qualify an individual for a graduate program in the country where the undergraduate degree was earned.
Exam type: Computer-based multiple choice.
- 150 multiple-choice questions
- 20 pre-test questions “not marked”
- Exam length; 3.5 hours
Exam content is developed according to the test outline included in the CSCP Exam Content Manual and validated by global subject matter experts. Exam questions are monitored through rigorous psychometric calibration and cross-referenced to industry-approved source material. A job task analysis study is conducted every 3 –5 years to ensure content relevancy.
Exam scoring: APICS uses a scaled score methodology, which is a technique for equating scores in which the degree of difficulty varies from one exam form to the next. The APICS CSCP score range is 200 to 350.
- Fail = 200-299
- Pass = 300-350
Cost of Exam (in addition to course costs)
- APICS PLUS member $1,050 USD
- Nonmember $1,300 USD
- Exam retake $450 USD
CSCP accredited exam centers In Iraq
NGS Training Center
Dream City, Villa No. 671
Near International School of Choueifat
The American University of Iraq - Sulaimani
Sulaimani Kirkuk Main Road
New Horizons Baghdad
Al-Wahda/Dist.904 - St.42 - Bldg. 23
About the trainer
Hazem Mhemed, APICS ID: 1996261. MSc Industrial Risk Management, University of Poitiers, France
- PMI-RMP® Risk management professional
- PMI-PMP® Project management professional
- ISCEA, Certified supply chain manager
- CPIM, Certified in production & inventory management
- ISO 9001 Lead auditor
- ISO 22000 Lead auditor
- MIT MicroMasters credential in supply chain management
Over 17 years of work experience from large international corporations in the roles of:
Country Head of Supply Chain, Supply Chain Manager, Logistics & Operations Manager, Quality Manager, Production Supervisor, Quality & Process Engineer
The trainer is available to discuss the course with potential partcicipants.