Hostile Environment Awareness Training and Emergency First Aid at Work
Free Taster Course-Hostile Environment Awareness Training (HEAT) and Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW)
Ever wondered what you will do if you are the victim of a hostage situation; or if you are responsible of providing basic life support to an injured colleague?
The full course is given over 2 days, you will learn how to be aware of risks, plan what to do and learn what not to do in a dangerous situation, combined with psychological preparation and self-defense skills. This is followed by a full session in First Aid that will provide you with the vital skills and confidence to carry out first aid and basic life support either in the workplace or at home in order to save lives. The training will be through both theory and practical methods; where learners can apply and practice with real tools and mock situations.
Mselect Academy will be holding a free taster of this course on July 17th 2018, below you can see more details regarding timing and content.
Who is this course for?
The program is ideal for NGO workers who are living, travelling or working within regions that may be or become hostile due to security, political, or natural circumstances. This course is also suitable for the everyday men or women who want to be equipped with the skills to safely manage dangerous situations in life.
The Taster will include:
- Threat and Risk – approach overview
- How we establish the Intelligence picture
- Situational Awareness Methodology for Delivery
- Travel Risks and Considerations overview
- Pre- Deployment
- Deployment (Airport, vehicle moves and Checkpoints)
- Arrival at Site. Actions on
- Hostile Incident Management Approach to Training
- Kidnap Awareness overview (what it involves)
- Mines & Explosive Remnants of War Also Weapons Familiarization
- First Aid Training (overview of Courses delivered during HEAT)
- HEAT Training Assessment Criteria where Applicable
- Conclusion and Assessment Criteria
- Promote casualty recovery in a pre-hospital environment
Stephen Morte has more than 25 years of experience with Security and Occupational Training. He holds a BA (Hons) in Leadership and Management, Foundation Degree in Security and Risk Management. His last few appointments has seen him at The Critical National Infrastructure Authority in UAE as a Security and Safety Consultant, at Supreme Global as Senior Training, Security and Risk Operations Manager. Currently with Restrata Group as Head Of Training.
Previously to this he served in the British Military as an Officer holding Key training positions, such as, Chief Instructor and Unit Training Manager. He was also an Instructor at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, delivering training to British and Overseas Officer Cadets.
Some of Stephen’s honors during his military service include; Queen’s Commendation for Valuable Service 2007, Operations Service Medals for peace keeping operations in Iraq, Afghanistan and Bosnia and Sierra Leone. He is also a recipient of the Long Service and Good Conduct Medal 2002.
His technical accreditations include; ASLS Master Coach, ILM Level 3 Coach, Industry Qualifications Assessor (IQA), PRINCE 2 Foundation, NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health, Safety and TQ Level 3 Trainer, First Aid Instructor and City of Guilds Diploma (Level 7).
Full Course Subjects:
Hostile Environment Awareness Training
- Risk evaluation and mitigation
- Firearms and security teams
- Preparation and planning
- Psychological preparation
- Clothing and luggage
- Ready/escape bags
- Map awareness and navigation
- Hotels and accommodation
- On the roads and vehicles
- Route planning
- Contingency planning
- Intelligence and updates
- Conflict communications
- Hostile health and wellbeing
- Escape and evasion
- Survival skills, shelter, water, fire, food
- Militia roadblocks
- Information security
- Bomb, mines and IED's
- Blasts and protection
- 4x4 driving
- Hostile questioning
- Incident management
- Deployment discipline
- Natural disasters
- Conduct under capture
- Kidnapping risks and trends
- Hostage kidnap survival
Emergency First Aid at Work
- What is first aid
- Scene Safety - Risks to first aider/ casualty and making the scene safe
- Priorities of First Aid response - DRSABC
- Airway management
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) – including Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Minor & Catastrophic bleeding control
- Shock & recovery position
When and where is it?
You can attend a the free taster session of this course on July 17th 2018; it will start after working hours in Mselect Academy‘s office at 5:30-8:00 PM.
How can I register for the free taster?
You can register by emailing email@example.com with the following details:
Name of the course:
For more information, please call 066 261 4455 or 0771 994 5097.