Introduction for Corporate Governance
What is the purpose of this training?
To equip small and medium size businesses (and those who manage them) with tools and training to implement sound Corporate Governance processes and structures. Good Corporate Governance can help companies improve performance, increase access to finance, and foster sustained growth. The course is designed to be interactive, whereby participants will discuss Corporate Governance principles and then determine how best to apply them in their own organizations.
What will be covered in the training?
• Overview of the IFC Corporate Governance methodology
• Interactive action planning sessions assessing the corporate governance practices of the participants’ companies
• Exposure to corporate governance tools, techniques and templates
Who should attend the training?
• Individuals from the senior, executive and board levels of companies who wish to improve their corporate governance practices
• Managers who will assist companies to implement corporate governance practices
• Owners of Family Owned Enterprises who wish to ensure the sustainability of their company