MEAL 'Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning' Course
MSELECT Academy is offering a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning ‘MEAL’ course to provide participants with a strong understanding in monitoring and evaluation program design and implementation. This 2 days course is being held in Erbil.
The two day training course introduces participants to basic concepts related to evaluating projects and programs. Following a general introduction to monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning including terminology, principles and theoretical approaches, participants will use a case study to practice applying a staged approach to the design and implementation of learning based evaluation. Participants will experiment with approaches to scoping an evaluation plan and clarifying program outcomes, explore what constitutes effective monitoring and learn techniques for monitoring unexpected outcomes. This course seeks to enhance participants understanding of MEAL with the view to improving implementation, decision-making, and management capacities through learning and practical application.
By the end of this course attendees will understand:
- The key monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning concepts and terminology
- How program logic is used to clarify outputs and outcomes
- The steps in MEAL planning including how to develop key evaluation questions
- Approaches to engagement with stakeholders
- Ethics to consider in evaluation
- Reporting on evaluation findings
- How MEAL contributes to continuous improvement
The course is intended for:
- Managers/Supervisors and team members who are new to the development sector or managerial role;
- Development sector professionals who intend to work closely with implementation of planning activities and operating procedures development;
- Consultants/contract staff operating in the development sector.
Abduljalil Baqqal experienced in working in both Development and Emergency contexts, more than 3 years’ experience in international NGOs, experienced in Capacity Building for Local NGOs, Civil Society and Disabled Persons Organizations. Currently working as MEAL Officer in Handicap International. Worked as Civil Society Project Officer in Handicap International for a year and a half) and Shelter Field Assistant in Norwegian Refugee Council for 1 year. Has Certificates in M&E from Mselect Academy and Training of Trainers ToT from Handicap International.
When and where is the course being held?
The next course will take place at MSELECT Academy's training center in Erbil, starting on Tuesday, May 15, 2018. Time of the course will be from 9 am to 3 pm.
How do I register?
Sign up on this page or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Full Name:
- Email Address:
- Phone number:
- Name of course:
For more information, please call 066 261 4455 or 0771 994 5097.