MSELECT is looking for an Assistant Warehouse Keeper for one of its international automotive clients in Erbil. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Storekeeper in all warehouse operations activities including receiving, deliveries, coordinating stock, documenting warehouse transactions, and maintaining records. Must speak English, Arabic and Kurdish and have at least 2 years’ experience in similar work.
- Receives and inspects all incoming materials and reconciles with purchase orders; processes and distributes related documentation; reports, documents and tracks damages and discrepancies on orders received.
- Checks accuracy between physical/ERP stocks with periodic (monthly) stock count survey; keeps an updated warehouse inventory on Excel; reports and tracks Manufacturing Week / Year and serial numbers of incoming materials on Excel sheet.
- Manages third party workers and team (if applicable) for loading and unloading of deliveries; maintain related invoices for accounting
- Arranges deliveries of requested merchandise based on instructions from Sales and Logistics Coordinator; maintains records of all deliveries; delivers personally some products in the neighborhood.
- Fills supply requisitions; assists buyer to order adequate merchandise and supplies.
- Receives and stores electronically and physically all related documents and files.
- Coordinates with Customer Care the shipping of canceled and damaged items back to vendors as appropriate.
- Delivers and sets up marketing items and leaflets for various customers or events as requested.
- Maintains the warehouse, records area and storage area in a neat and orderly manner.
- Implements and follows up the necessary arrangements or improvements to the warehouse.
- Answers questions regarding procedures and resolves discrepancies regarding receipts, deliveries, warranties, and repairs.
- Trains and directs the work of assistants, warehouse team, and third party workers.
- May serve as a lead worker to other classified staff in the area/country.
- May assist in any other duties as requested by the Sales and Logistics department or Management.
Job Essential Competencies
- Ability to perform general storekeeping and warehouse duties.
- Ability to communicate with drivers and third party workers.
- Maintain accurate manual and computer records (in particular good use of Excel and formulas for warehouse material inventories and stock movements).
- Maintain proper follow-up on Excel of warehouse loading /unloading transactions and other warehouse expenses.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions; perform physical labor; drive a forklift; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
- Knowledge of modern warehouse procedures, including methods of proper and orderly storage and issuance of materials; basic stock inventory procedures; requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, packing slips, bills of lading, freight tags, and the use and meaning of each; computerized warehouse record keeping systems.
Qualification and Experience:
Education: High school diploma.
Languages: Able to speak English, Arabic, and Kurdish; written skills in English and Arabic also required.
Experience: Two years’ experience working in warehouse and storage operations, or any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities given above.
License or Certificate:
This job requires the use of a company commercial vehicle while conducting small deliveries. Must possess a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record. Forklift operation certification is a plus.
Must be energetic and able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited to, lifting (up to 25 KGs unassisted), bending, standing, climbing, or walking on a consistent basis.