We are currently looking for an experienced Human Resources Officer to be working with an International Electronics Company in their office in Erbil, Kurdistan.
- Working closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures;
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization;
- Liaising with a wide range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety;
- Recruiting staff - this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates;
- Developing and implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management;
- Preparing staff handbooks;
- Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits;
- Undertaking regular salary reviews;
- Negotiating with staff and their representatives (for example, trade union officials) on issues relating to pay and conditions;
- Administering payroll and maintaining employee records;
- Interpreting and advising on employment law;
- Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures;
- Developing with line managers HR planning strategies which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements;
- Planning, and sometimes delivering, training - including inductions for new staff;
- Analyzing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
- Experience: 3-5 years in HR
- Travel: willing and able to travel from Erbil to all provinces in Iraq and abroad
- Languages: Arabic and English (Kurdish is a plus)
- Character: professionally mature, experience in corporate environments, team player, respectful and takes initiative.