Urgently looking for a Project Controls Engineer for one of the major Oil & Gas companies in Kurdistan. An Engineer who supervises and administers project controls for the detailed engineering, procurement and construction of an oil and gas production facility in Kurdistan. A minimum of 15 years of experience is required. Details below:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish appropriate control and reporting procedures for the Detailed Engineering Design, Procurement and Construction Phase including compatible reporting data from all groups within the project to compile for daily, weekly and monthly engineering, procurement and construction progress reports.
- Ensure all contractors’ organizations, personnel, systems, and procedures are suitable as related to project control systems.
- Develop all schedules, budgets, and estimates to be compatible with the established Work Breakdown Structure.
- Ensure Contractors’ project schedules, cost estimates, and reports are prepared and current.
- Ensure data from all resources expended and committed is valid with sufficient resources to complete the project.
- Analyze performance status and identify and recommend corrective action as required.
- Planning and schedules prepared or reviewed for status and forecast using critical path method (CPM) identification.
- Quantity surveying (documents, requisitions, equipment and material) for earned progress value assessment.
- Cost control/accounting for invoice processing.
- Change order development and cost evaluation prior to issuance by Company or after issuance by Contractor and Company negotiation support.
- Project document management.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are applied and enforced.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering with at least 15 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Broad knowledge of planning and scheduling, contracts, and project controls and procedures.
- Ability to develop budgets, cost estimates, and fiscal management principles and procedures.
- Ability to assess contract compliance and construction quality.
- Ability to verify status based on inspections for earned progress payments confirmation.
- Skills in critical path method analysis and recovery plan management.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare written and verbal reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Skills in planning and problem solving.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to read drawings and/or technical manuals.
- Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements, change orders, claims and disputes.
- Ability to make complex operating, administrative, and procedural decisions.
- Knowledge of contract documents and specifications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Skill in the use of Windows based personal computers in application of Microsoft Office Professional and Project.