We are seeking to hire a Project Manager to manage a project providing quality MHPSS services to survivors of SGBV and particularly women and girls which have escaped captivity of ISIL. The successful candidate will be an experienced social worker or psychologist with prior experience in MHPSS and SGBV programming with displaced persons, and survivors of torture and sexual violence, social work, and project management. We are looking for a compassionate, confident, dynamic and independent person who can supervise a team of up to 8 social workers/psychologists providing case management and counseling services to survivors of SGBV. Candidate must be able to manage a team, in a challenging environment, and communicate effectively in English, Kurdish and Arabic.
We are seeking a candidate to start in October 2016, to be based in Duhok with regular travel to Erbil and Sulaimaniya, KRI on an eighteen month contract.
Manage MHPSS Services:
- Oversee day-to-day delivery of MHPSS services to women and girls survivors of SGBV. This includes first response emergency services and long term psychosocial support services, delivered largely through mobile services.
- Management of team of approximately 6-8 social workers/psychologists as they deliver services to survivors.
- Oversee dispatch of mobile teams.
- Provide technical support and supervision to social workers/psychologists in case management services.
- Develop work plans.
- Conduct service mapping across KRI.
- Support the development of SGBV resources and materials.
- Support the establishment of a network to provide MHPSS services for vulnerable women and girls.
- Support in the development of standard of care to be provided by program partners to SGBV survivors.
- Oversee implementation of community sensitization activities on SGBV and the effects of trauma.
- Coordinate with partners and other actor to conduct referrals.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E):
- Support program M&E, including developing tools, and make recommendations as necessary.
- Produce high quality reports on time and in line with donor requirements and for the NGO’s Board.
Capacity Building and Supervision:
- Support capacity development and training of staff.
- Develop and oversee self-care program for staff.
- Conduct regular staff evaluations.
- Make recommendations for staff training.
Finance and Budget Management:
- Oversee day-to-day budget management including making accurate projections and ensuring appropriate procurement.
Coordination and Organizational Representation:
- Represent the NGO at Mental Health Working Group and SGBV Sub-Working Group meetings.
- Develop strategic partnerships with local organizations.
- Maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors.
- Work closely with program partners.
- Master’s Degree in social work, psychology, or other related degree.
- At least three years of experience in MHPSS and SGBV programming, including at least two years of direct service provision.
- At least two years of management experience.
- Experience implementing donor-funded international development or humanitarian assistance programs.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- High standard of spoken and written English, Arabic, and Kurdish required.
- Good computer and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
Kindly write your cover letter in the first page of your CV.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.