Mselect is looking for an Accounting Manager for one of its clients in the heavy truck industry to be based in Erbil with below detail:
- Develop and monitor objectives, operational plans and procedures
- Handling daily work for the Finance Department and ensure achievement of Finance department goals
- Supervise and monitor the accounting activities and ensure that the accounting functions capture all business transactions.
- Maintain accounting records of the company and ensuring that accounting transactions are processed properly in the accounting system.
- Review all general ledger account balances, monthly financial statements including the monthly trial balance, income and expenditure statements and the balance sheet.
- Handling the cash section; efficient follow up on receivables, review Bank Reconciliation statement, ensure sufficient funds available, arrange with timely payments.
- Calculate and prepare reimbursement billings and tracks receivables; reconciling monthly account receivable.
- Manage and review schedules for audit, assist in the audit functions with the external and internal
- auditors and ensure that adequate internal controls are in place and functioning as desired.
- Plan and implement reporting procedures for reporting in accordance with the local rules and legislation.
- Administer insurance policies and claims.
- Prepare guarantees / bonds, support projects with financial information and LC negotiation.
- Following LC transactions up to closing.
- Prepare payroll, staff allowances reports and monthly salary payments.
- Supervising petty cash, receiving bills, check balances, verify signatures and get approvals.
- Prepare Monthly Profit and Loss accounts and Balance Sheets.
- Prepare monthly financial statements, including distributing monthly revenue and expenditure reports to management.
- Comply with the established policies and procedures and rules of operations.
- Do the monthly reporting to the Company's group.
- Participate in the quarterly projection/budget process. Assure the projections are correctly reported to the Scania group.
- Be a part of the controlling by preparing monthly financial statements and reports, including preparing monthly reporting packages, both for internal purposes as well as for the Scania group.
- Any other tasks and duties from similar nature, level, or assigned by the Direct Manager.
- Develop the staff to have a better understanding of the daily operations as well as provide a holistic view over the business through meetings, discussions and personal talks.
- Delegate and implement backups for the job duties in order to spread knowledge to build a long term strong organization.
- Develop, implement and monitor objectives, operational plans and procedures for Accounting.
- Implementing policies and procedures as decided by the company and the Board.
- Review and authorize expenses in accordance with delegated authorization rights.
- Be a part of the Management and provide expertise within the areas of Finance, Business and Administration.
- University degree in the field of Finance
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a finance managerial position
- Experience in the heavy truck industry
- Fluent in English language in all its components