An international retail company is looking for an Accounting Specialist with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a related field to lead and manage the business unit/area, to be based in Erbil. Fluency in English and Kurdish are required.
- Performs general or cost accounting activities requiring insight and depth of understanding.
- Applies accounting techniques and standard practices to the classification and recording of financial transactions.
- Prepares journal entries, checks supporting entries, and carries out well-defined steps in cost accounting and other analysis.
- Drafts segments of statements and reports.
- Handles assignments involving analysis of data.
- Prepares and contributes to preparation of a variety of reasonably standard, periodic "intermediate" or "end products," such as cost reports, trial balances, balance sheets, profit-and-loss statements or statements of sourcing and application of funds.
- As requested, prepares appropriate commentary or explanations relating to report items of particular interest or significance. Conducts any related investigation of the accounts involved.
- Contacts operating or staff personnel for the purpose of supplying or explaining data, securing information or describing additional data which could be made available; gives limited advice on accounting matters, especially where based on well-established principles and practices.
- 3-5 years of retail experience.
- Fluency in English and Kurdish, Turkish is an advantage.
- University degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Knowledge of SAP software and MS Office Applications.
“Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process."