MSELECT is looking to hire a Director of Administration for one of its local NGO clients to be based in Erbil.
The Director of Administration will be responsible for management of all administration systems and processes and overall daily office operations: including office management and facilities; technology, software, communications and IT, including inventory management; contracts, logistics and procurement; and management of client’s administrative staff; human resources and employee services; grant administration and reporting, development of organizational and program budgets in collaboration with others. The ideal candidate is a driven and passionate professional looking to work alongside an inspiring, dynamic team of professionals. The candidate will have exceptional management and administrative skills, and embrace a collaborative, team approach. This person is eager to contribute to innovative projects that support some of the most vulnerable people in Kurdistan.
The Director of Administration works to improve processes and policies, manage administrative staff, and lead long term organizational planning. Specific responsibilities include:
- Management: manages daily office operations, negotiates contracts, manages vendor relationships, develops and oversees office standard operating procedures.
- Ensures that existing policies contained in the HR and Admin manuals are followed and help to create other policies and procedures as required.
- Coordinates requirements and administration among all of the offices and project sites.
- Technology: oversees network administration and evaluates information systems, software and technology requirements.
- Human Resources: oversees the organization’s human resources requirements; including employee on-boarding, managing and administering health and other employee benefits, maintaining personnel records, monitoring insurance coverage and ensuring that personnel policies are up-to-date.
- Manages Administrative Staff including HR, procurement and logistics, and works closely with the Finance Manager.
- Contributes to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy.
- Establish risk management protocol regarding employee services and security
- Serve as primary liaison to legal counsel in addressing legal issues regarding copyright, antitrust, governing instruments, partnerships, licensing etc., in collaboration with Management.
- Oversees organizational insurance policies.
- Oversees contracts and grants management: develops and implements contracts and grants management system, with the support of the HQ.
- Other responsibilities, as assigned.
- BA degree in business or international business or related field.
- 5 years of experience in leading administration for a company or an organization.
- Business planning and operational management.
- Fluency in written and spoken in English and Kurdish or Arabic.
- Experience in nonprofit NGO a plus.
- Commitment to international human rights and gender equality.
- Proven management leadership and organizational skills, while taking a “hands on” implementation approach when needed, in a small/mid-size organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to use considerable judgment, initiative and independence.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.