MSELECT are recruiting on behalf of an international Oil and Gas company in Khormor, Kurdistan, Iraq for an English Trainer with 4 years’ experience in teaching English language. Rotational work 2 week on 2 weeks off
Work closely with the Training Manager to conduct English language training (both technical and daily communication) for all identified local national employees. Report to the Training Manager.
Primary Duties Responsibilities
English Training Processes
- Conduct skill gap assessment through understanding business requirement, maps it to the department needs and identifies training needs.
- Develops and conducts individual TNA (training need analysis) and assists in drawing up an overall language training plan.
- Plans, prepares and delivers lessons and workshops for groups individuals.
- Designs and produces teaching materials and adapting existing material.
- Plans programs of study-work (applied learning OTJ)
- Works closely with technical OTJ trainers to incorporate technical subjects into English learning.
- Maintains records of attendance assesses employee’s progress.
- Prepares information for inspection visits and other quality assurance exercises.
- Assists in drafting and reviewing institutional policies relating to the education of students with English as second language.
- Engages in continuous professional development (CPD)
- Designs, plans, organizes, and directs orientation and training for new and existing employees.
- Identifies training providers and vendors in order to meet language training needs and supports contracts with them for desired and agreed training outcomes, fees and expenses.
- Organizes, develops and obtains training course materials such as handout and visual materials previously used or in storage.
- Defines, documents and implements appropriate training administration processes.
- Conducts language training programs as per outcome of TNA for various employee groups in most effective manner.
- ssesses training status through regular tests, surveys, interviews with employees, focus groups, or consultation with Direct Supervisors or external instructors.
- Attends meetings and seminars to obtain information for use in training programs, or to inform management of training program status.
- Interfaces with Training Manager and other Managers to ensure effective delivery of training programs status.
Reporting and Communication.
- Reports to the Training Manager in all issues relating to the English training activities.
- Exhibits and maintains excellent working relationships with all company’s staff.
Continuous Improvement of Position
- Attends training and seminars and recommends subsequent actions to improve the English training activities within the company.
Working and Other Reporting Relationships
- Training manager
- Senior & Executive Manager
- Frequent/ daily
- Occasional as required
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
Bachelor degree in Teaching English as a Second Language/ESL/EFL/ESOL/TESL/TEFL/TESOL/Linguistics/ English/Foreign Languages and more than 2 years of professional experience teaching ESL/EFL to adults
Minimum Professional Experience Required
Minimum 4 years of English language teaching experience with recognized collages or professional experience teaching ESL/EFL to adults - authenticated documents required.
Special Requirements and Conditions
Professional trainer qualification preferred (CIPD, ASTD).
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Excellent communication skills especially in English and Kurdish.
- Commitment to continuous learning.
- Knowledge sharing.
- Time management.
- Ready to shoulder responsibility and walk the extra mile.
- Ability to work with individuals from different background.
- Strongly believe in ethical practices.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
- Ability to present ideas in user friendly language.
- Very good team player.
- Ability to demonstrate honesty and confidentiality.
- Excellent drafting and reporting skills especially in English.
- Competent in training policies/ practices and procedures.
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to produce document using MS office suits tools