Our client an international Oil and Gas Operator is currently looking to hire a Mechanical Technician to carries out the maintenance and repair of various types static and rotating equipment at the company’s facilities. The ideal candidate must have a bachelors or diploma in Mechanical Engineering and 6 to 8 years of hands on experience in mechanical maintenance equipment.
Purpose of Role:
Maintain diesel generator sets, fire water pumps, centrifugal, reciprocating pumps, progressive cavity pumps, gear boxes, loading arms, safe racks, air compressors, nitrogen generation units, steam boilers and fin fan coolers and fire fighting system within, oil and gas facility related to production and transportation of oil. This includes regular monitoring and rectification of defective equipment, disassembly, repair and reassembly of equipment and assisting in the installation and testing of new machinery independently or under instructions, the complete or partial overhaul of plant equipment.
- Ensure the duties of their position are performed in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
- Perform preventive/predictive maintenance procedures on equipment, performs inspections required by company.
- Maximize the reliability and availability of plant equipment at all times.
- Carries out routine maintenance on rotating equipment, carries out visual checks of seals for leaks, disassembles equipment, replaces parts as directed, cleans equipment, replaces packing and gaskets, repairs as appropriate, checks bearings and reassembles.
- Ensures correct alignment and tolerances, using precision measurement instruments, such as laser alignment equipment, DTI clock gauges, micrometres, gauges and verniers.
- Carry out routine preventive maintenance of machinery according to schedules, check lists and specific equipment requirements. This includes changing oils, greasing, cleaning strainers and filters and general overhaul of equipment. Repairs and or replaces defective parts, reassembles overhauled equipment and carries out necessary tests and performance monitoring upon start-up.
- Assist in planning annual shutdown and major equipment turnarounds and carries out complete overhaul rotating equipment. Reassembles and tests equipment in accordance with requirements or tests schedules.
- Assist in inspection of equipment for its healthiness.
- Strict adherence to plant safety protocols, permit to work system (PTW) and good housekeeping requirements.
- Require to work at height in suspended man riding basket as and when required.
- Require to perform job as required by wearing safety body harness and SCBA (self-contained breathing apparatus) in confined spaces as and when required.
- Perform continuous improvement: improve reliability of equipment/process, improve safety, improve maintainability, reduce cost, active participation in major development projects
- Maintain/update the job completion records.
- Perform technical investigation and root cause analysis.
- Interact closely with all other members of the maintenance Team and ensure smooth operation.
- Ensure the KPI of the maintenance team is achieved.
- Responsible for the support of company safety, environment and quality policies and programs, and carrying out specific duties and responsibilities related to his job as spelled out in management system documentation, policies, procedures, local documentation, management system manual, safety manual and other related documents.
- Require basic understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic circuits/drawings/prints.
- Adhere to the work management process of the company’s procedures.
Key working relations:
- Maintenance Supervisor and Production Supervisor.
- Production team and other departments.
- Equipment manufacturers and vendors.
- Service company representative.
- Good command of English, excellent Kurdish and Arabic.
- Able to interact with personnel and maintain effective relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment.
- Conduct one-self in a professional manner.
- Record anomalies in log book and equipment history file.
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelors or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- 6 to 8 years hand on experience in mechanical maintenance equipment.
- Able to communicate with production operators to determine equipment faults.
- Experience changing mechanical seals in crude oil pumps.
- Able to read service manuals.
- Computer literate, able to up-date service records.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools - replace part and re-assemble device.
- Capable of using precision measuring instruments.
Hand on experience required on the following equipment:
- Air compressors package – Boge, Ingersoll Rand and Compair.
- N2 Generator/Production Units- Sinergia and Generan.
- Generator Sets – Cummins, Perkins, Doosan, Caterpillar and Volvo.
- Valves maintenance and well head maintenance.
- RO and Utility water systems.
- Pumps – Flowserv, Lowara, Goulds.
- Fire fighting system – Clarke pumping controls/John Deere engines fire pump applications.
- Steam Boiler/ Heat Exchanger.
- Static equipment like vessels, tanks, coolers.