Mselect Recruitment is searching for an Operations Manager for one of its International Fast Food clients to be placed in Erbil, Kurdistan. The Operations Manager will lead and manage a team of Restaurant Managers/Supervisors, responsible for all aspects of day-to-day running of stores including Sales, Customer Service, quality control, operations, Staff Development, training, provide effective line-management and human resources.
The Operations Manager will be accountable for the achievement of their Stores targets for all lines of business, planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating with the Restaurant Managers/Supervisors/other staff and resources of the restaurant for the efficient and profitable services of food and beverages.
- Demonstrate leadership in managing, training and motivation.
- Excellent in marketing the product and quality services of the Company's franchise to the customers and manage grand opening of the new outlets.
- Ensure that upon the new store opening, the productivity and quality remains at high standards and that costs are acceptable by planning the resources in the optimum manner.
- Responsible for searching, selecting, recruiting, induction training, appraisal, motivations and standards of job performance of the individuals within the Team.
- Accountable for coaching and training each member of Team with appropriately skills and product knowledge to execute highest standards and growth.
- Ensure all new employees in the department receive an induction training programme.
- Identify in-store training needs and initiate in-store training, implement personally on the job training interventions and coaching when necessary.
- Improve performance by motivation and monitoring staff continuously and Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and services.
- Help and train advance management skills and responsible for scheduling & rolling training programs for all stores.
- ¨ Manage and oversee new projects and project rollouts, equipment replacement, test programs and vendor relations.
- Stay ahead of the operations through stores visits per company policy and evaluate stores practices against company standards.
- Responsible for all marketing and advertising activities
- Supervise quality control and quantities for preparation to minimize wastage. Perform frequent checks to ensure consistent high quality of preparation and services.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations, staff training and development as required and keep records for health inspectors.
- Estimate the food consumption of each store, place orders with suppliers, and schedule delivery of fresh food and beverages.
- The Operations Manager will manage the stores, and ensure that these stores become centers of excellence, perfection and demonstrate as training center for the new franchisees and their staff.
- Provide monthly reports on the performance, progress against action plans and budgets.
- Willing and able to work out-of-office hours and to travel within Iraq.
- Work with GM to develop objectives and plan for sales optimization.
- Increase product sales according to the company’s business plan and targets and take early remedial action if they do not grow as planned. Ensure that sales and credit control are managed in a balanced manner.
- Aggressively develop and manage the store managers autonomy, management skills and demonstrate growth in weekly sales of the stores.
- Manage and analyse stores financial performance and monitor progress.
- Agree, in consultation with the Chief Executive Officer, changes to pricing policies for products and services.
- Develop relationships to grow sales to meet or exceed pre-defined sales targets.
- Identify poor performance of stores and advise on actions required for improvement and supervise a continuous business process improvement program by Implementing new ideas or products.
- Process and analyze information when scheduling and budgeting. Evaluate market conditions, competitive activity, consumer profiles, etc.
- Select or create successful menu items based on many considerations, and assign prices based on cost analysis
- Review and monitor with bookkeeper or other financial personnel, expenditure to ensure that they confined to the budget limitations. Work to improve performance.
- Excellent in identifying new sales channels, large scale prospecting and setting up franchise teams.
Skills and attributes:
1. Strong communication, organisational, operational and people skills
2. Highly presentable
3. Developed analytical and problem-solving abilities
4. Strong interpersonal and leadership skilss
5. A hands-on approach to problem solving with a training bias
6. Fanatical attention to detail
7. Strong customer service orientation
8. Fluent in Arabic and English
9. Ability to travel and adapt to a multi-cultural environment
10. Previous operational experience in Fast Food chain industry