The primary role of the AUAVC will be to support and assist the UAVOM, regarding all operational tasks and maintenance of the Small Unmanned Aerial System (SUAS), whilst also providing directed support and assistance, under guidance, to existing crew members until fully trained and certified on the primary Unmanned Aerial System (UAS).In order to progress to the next stage of promotion and retain the post, the AUAVC will be required to attend a formal training course and successfully qualify as an UAS Operator and Maintainer. All crewmembers are required to work flexible shift patterns, which will require residence at a designated facility overnight
- Assist and conduct system inspections utilizing manufacturer guidance.
- Assist with mission planning, to include an in-depth understanding of airspace, fuel management, system limitations, overall mission intent, radio communications with crew and Air Traffic Control (ATC), and proper performance of all published checklist for abnormal procedures and emergency procedures.
- Safely and effectively operate the SUAS to support the maintenance of a secure operating environment on the field, at the direction and under the supervision of the UAVOM.
- Maintain awareness of the oil field operating environment and the specific hazards associated with overflight in these areas.
- Ensure compliance with regulations pertaining to the safe operation of the SUAS as published in the organisation SUAV Standard Operating Procedures.
- Inform UAVOM of relevant information gathered during the course of flights in a timely manner.
- Safely conduct SUAS flight operations in accordance with manufacturers documentation and the organisation guidance.
- Operate payload systems providing imagery for the customer.
- Complete post-mission reports, flight logs and conduct system maintenance in accordance with manufacturer’s maintenance procedures and SUAVOM requirements.
- Ability to read, speak and write English fluently.
- Successfully complete an academic and practical unmanned systems operator and maintainer course(s).
- Conduct flight operations in challenging environmental conditions.
- Conducting regular UAS operations and maintenance for extended periods daily
- Must be able to read, speak and write fluently in English.
- Must possess high aptitude for hand/eye coordination and assimilation of data from multiple simultaneous sources.
- Display a high standard of IT skills with a minimum of 12 months’ work experience within IT Department, including experience with system networking, office automation products databases, remote control of systems, and Microsoft applications and processes.
- Must pass a medical fitness test.
- Possess a valid passport with at least 12 month remaining and be able to travel internationally
- Able to work shifts on a rotational basis (2weeks-on/2weeks-off or similar)
- A basic mechanical background needed (computer assembly/maintenance, automotive maintenance, aircraft maintenance, Etc.)
- Knowledge of the basic principles and theory of flight
- Ability to read geographical mapping using a grid reference system
- Knowledge of weather in aviation and its effects on UAV, specifically desert conditions