MSELECT is looking to hire a Business Development Manager for an international Manufacturing client to be based in Tehran, Iran.
This role is directly responsible for achieving the Buildings & Industry (B&I) sales target and for developing the local B&I business within Iran. It will work independently to develop new channels and opportunities, whilst also working in conjunction with our existing partners to support the sales of products, applications, solutions and services covered by the company’s product portfolio within Iran.
- Promote and maintain a high level of visibility for the Company’s B&I brands, and in particular, in the Buildings Services segment, within Iran.
- Understand key influencers and decision makers within the B&I segment in the Persian region, including engineering projects.
- Network with local/international contractors mainly in the B&I business within the region.
- Maintain high level relationships with the Company’s existing clients and partners.
- Develop new relationships with key clients, consultants and EPC contractors.
- In charge of the country overall budget and sales targets.
- Identify opportunities, coordinate and conduct early stage consultative selling to influence requirements in future tenders.
- Support the products and applications as required throughout the sales process.
- Identify, organize and lead country based consultant and client workshops and meetings.
- Provide ongoing high grade commercial intelligence to the client’s MENA Sales management.
- Increase client’s market share in Iran, for the both Building and Utilities Services segment.
- Collaborate with all relevant stakeholders on the organization of sales, marcom exhibitions, road shows, customer presentations and seminars directed towards consultants, clients and partners in Iran.
- Manage existing client base and identify, evaluate, develop and profile new business opportunities and clients within the area of responsibility, to promote client as a technology provider and process partner.
- Develop relationships and strategic alliances with local and international companies with the objective to strengthen the company’s chances through early consultative selling activities, pre-qualifying and succeeding in winning new contracts.
- Develop and maintain data base of new tenders, opportunities and clients within area of responsibility, and ensure that the company is registered/pre-qualified.
- Produce market reports and develop country market presentations as required.
- Suggest and execute a country specific market strategy.
- Monitor various information sources, analyze the data and forecast market trends.
- Develop and build relationships with key personnel from existing and new clients, consultants and potential consortium EPC partners.
- Attend and participate in related meetings, conferences and exhibitions.
- Maintain commercial direction and targets set out in company’s growth plans by ensuring that targeted number of new opportunities is identified and that the budgeted order forecast for the assigned geographical area is achieved.
- Degree in in the field of Management/Business Development/Marketing/Engineering/Business Administration or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years exposure to the “Buildings Services” market with successful results.
- Experience in the project business, municipal or building services.
- Excellent communication and team-working skills with a supportive, transparent and cooperative mid-set towards internal team coworkers in a matrix environment.
- A sound process engineering and selling aptitude, business acumen and knowledge of related to water equipment.
- Must be an Iranian national, Fluent in English (both spoken and written).
- Fluent in Arabic is a plus.
- Demonstrated excellent skills in communicating with stakeholders in an international company matrix sales/product organization and in networking with external influencers and clients.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.