An Oil & Gas service company is looking for a Pipefitter to work on an oil field in Kurdistan operated by a large international. Good command in English language is required. Travelling costs, accommodation and meals will be covered by the client. This is a rotational position.
- Coordinate with job site manager to configure pipe system layout.
- Order proper pipes and other materials.
- Select supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders.
- Assemble materials at job site.
- Select type and size of pipe.
- Cut, thread, and hammer pipes according to pipe system specs.
- Use saws and cutting torches to craft proper pipe sizes.
- Turn off steam, water, or gas from pipe section.
- Secure pipes to walls and fixtures using brackets, clamps, and tools or welding equipment.
- Secure pipes to radiators or tanks.
- Repair and maintain pipe systems and components.
- Resolve problems such as obstructions or holes.
- Dip nonferrous piping materials in molten tin and lead to prevent erosion, or galvanic and electrolytic action.
- Remove water from flooded manholes or basements.
- Repair cracks and leaks.
- High School Diploma equivalence working certificate
- 10 years of experience in this field
- Good command in English language
- Ability to comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to work with carbon steel, stainless steel, PVC, poly/HDPE, copper, and various high pressure/temperature alloys
- Medically fit to work