MSELECT is looking to hire a Financial Controller for one of its major telecommunication clients to be based in Baghdad.
This position is responsible for leading the financial Planning & Control team in managing the financial and accounting policies, system and processes, Tax and regulatory requirements, Financial Reporting, Fixed Assets, and ongoing financial modelling and business plan. This position is responsible for Ensuring financials controls in the organization are robust and minimize organizational risk ensuring the accuracy, integrity and timeliness of the Company’s books and records across the entire lifecycle of the business. The position is also responsible for development and monitoring of financial controls policies and procedures.
- Administer, control, and develop the accounting system & processes to exercise complete control over income, expenditure, cash flow, fixed assets and movable assets in strict accordance with the company policies and procedures.
- Control all revenues received and dispersed including accounts receivables, accounts payable, payroll, audit, purchasing, and inventory management.
- Maintain a strong control environment to safeguard the company’s assets.
- Review all tax matters in compliance with local, regional regulations.
- Follow up with the Finance Manager to make sure that all accounting records are maintained as per laws, regulations and financial statements are issued on timely basis.
- Ensure authorization matrix is implemented regarding approval limits, Credit policies, Approved Budgets.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Train the Finance Unit and other staff on raising awareness and knowledge of financial Control.
- Develop accounting policies to comply with international standards, tax requirements, and management reporting requirements.
- Exercise accounting control to insure that budgeted expenditures do not exceed amounts authorized without proper approval.
- Establish formal internal control policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring key financial controls are documented and followed consistently across all operating entities
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets, including assets purchased.
- Responsible for timely and accurate reporting of the company’s financial statements in accordance with Best Standards as well as government regulations.
- Review the general ledger system and monthly/annual accounting close process and consolidation of all financial statements
- Responsible for overseeing the deployment and use of all financial systems and ensuring appropriate interfaces and controls regarding systems are in place
- Responsible for compliance with all Government financial reporting requirements
- Review and approve accounting system access change requests and application change notifications for the financial system applications.
- Review the revenue recognition processes associated with business operations.
- Oversight for managing the review and approval of all customer agreements.
- Complete analysis of financial results; Develop Strategic recommendations.
- Provide leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with company executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company.
- Interpret operating results as they affect the financial aspects of the organization and makes specific recommendations for cost reduction and/or profit improvement.
- Manage the healthy relative percentages of expenses versus income
Staffing/Internal Processes Activities:
- Select and hire employees in the function, train and evaluate employees to enhance their performance, development, and work output.
- Manage monthly closing of financial records and posting of month end information; ensure accuracy of financial statements.
- Review the daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports as per department guidelines
- Maintain the division electronic and manual archiving.
- Guarantee high quality of internal administration, filing and traceability of all documents to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the department.
- Control all the entries posted by the accounting teams to ensure proper posting was made according to the prepared vouchers and to the approved chart of account.
- Maintain chart of accounts reporting with no discrepancies.
- Review monthly reporting and related general ledger account reconciliations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Masters is preferred.
- Having CPA, CFA and CMA is preferred.
- A minimum 7 Years’ experience.
- Good Command of English and Arabic- Written and Spoken.
- Financial Statements and Processes.
- Cash Flow Management Techniques.
- Financial Analysis Techniques.
- Internal Audit and Control Techniques.
- Labor Law and Financial Regulations and Legislation.
- Development and Implementation of Business Plans& Budgets.
- Developing Short and Long-term Financial Strategies.
- Relations and knowledge of the financial institutions locally and internationally.
- Developing Short and Long-term Financial Strategies.
- Experience in, or knowledge of, accounting and accounting principles sufficient to prepare complex and detailed financial and budgetary analysis.
- Demonstrated skill in quantitative financial analysis and budgetary control, with thorough working knowledge of general accounting principles and practices.
- Demonstrated skill in formulating and implementing financial policies and standards to ensure accountability and compliance the policies and procedures
- Strong advanced technical experience in the use of financial software to develop and maintain financial models and automated financial reports. Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.