The project manager shall be accountable for the overall co-ordination of the project including the supervision and management of subcontractors and vendors, the determination of requirements for materials and construction equipment and the co-ordination with other works being undertaken by the Company and other parties in relation to the Project.
The Project shall be administered, directed and controlled in a transparent and equitable manner in accordance with Company’s business principles utilizing adequate and fit for purpose management tools and capable staff. The control systems that shall comprise cost, time and resource management shall be fully documented in the project execution plan and procedures. Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that are essential for the achievement of efficient project completion shall be established and monitored through each stage of the work.Key Responsibilities:
- Management and delivery of the Project works in accordance with the company’s HSE policy
- Project planning and scheduling, cost control, change control, quality assurance, quality control, document control, health, safety, and environment (HSE) design and management and approvals management.
- At all times, the Project Manager shall recognize the scale and dimensions of the Project and ensure the project has sufficient staff and expertise to maintain the overview and decision-making processes
- Direct Engineering and/or EPC contractor’s activities with respect to all aspects of project execution.
- Ensure all contracts are commercially compliant.
- Produce professional project status reports.
- Monitor project progress and ensure necessary information flow between stakeholders to meet project milestones
- Support effective handover and closure of project contracts.
- Convincing academic background within one or more engineering discipline(s) of which process/mechanical/Instrumentation should be core.
- >15 years of experience in capital expenditure (capex) projects, preferably within the oil and gas industry.
- Have a wide range of technical skills and experience and a practical knowledge of the major engineering disciplines.
- Hands on experience with construction and commissioning.
- Familiar with commonly used project management concepts and tools, used to contribute project control information
- Open, clear, communication style
- Proven team builder who sets tone for desired culture
- Passionate leader of multi-discipline teams with strong focus on safety and leading people
- Ability to coordinate and provide interface between the Company’s Engineering, Operations and Construction teams.
- Proven experience in contractor management
- Flexible working style with adaptability
- High energy, strong work ethic
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.