MSELECT is looking on behalf of a major global Oil and Gas company in Basra a Category Team Lead, 5 years of experience in the same position is requested, the candidate must be fluent in Arabic and English.
The PSCM team provides support to a diverse range of stakeholders. The key challenges for the team are ensuring that full and timely support is provided to the operations in Iraq, whilst satisfying the framework for cost recovery under which the Iraq Region operates.
The Category Team Lead role will include sourcing and contracting for various agreements that are needed to ensure that end users and PSCM are fully aligned and working towards agreed plans.
Basra key focus will be the development of the team in Iraq.
- Champions HSSE through PSCM and promotes compliance with company's code of conduct.
- Leads a team within the PSCM department, ensuring that all enablers required for delivery are available.
- Key focus on development and coaching of local PSCM Team.
- Creates and enables stakeholder relationships in light of company leadership framework.
- Routinely communicates openly and with integrity with key business stakeholders to ensure alignment of PSCM and the internal customer.
- Supports the development and implementation of overarching PSCM strategy for the team.
- Supports the development and implementation of project specific PSCM strategies, category management plans and drives the demand planning to deliver achievement of business goals.
- Delivers Supplier Management across all sectors to ensure best value and contractor oversight.
- Influences key Category Management strategies to ensure agreements are well planned, fully developed, competitive and capable of delivering maximum value.
- Applies Category Management processes and tools across all assigned market sector projects to improve overall business performance.
- Supports the management of the strategic sourcing of defined products or services.
- Delivers robust cost management, minimises business risk and maximises opportunities through PSCM activities.
- Utilising PSCM best practice, mitigates all external supply risks from supplier selection through to contract execution and management.
- Applies and champions common processes and contributes to continuous improvement.
- Degree qualified or equivalent preferred and/or relevant industry experience.
- CIPS qualified or working towards.
- Sourcing & tendering experience as well as negotiations and contracts.
- Experience of coaching, mentoring and developing staff.
- Development of sourcing plans, both project & programme.
- Experience in managing supplier relationships.
- Strong communication, listening and influencing skills.
- Oil & Gas or Manufacturing industry experience.
- Global / Multi-national business experience.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office products i.e. PowerPoint, Access & Excel.
- Sourcing & tendering experience, including use of e-sourcing tools e.g. Ariba.
- Being able to work under pressure and stringent time constraints.
- Team player as well as working under own initiative.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.