MSELECT is looking to hire a Training Chef for an international oil and gas operator in Kurdistan. Candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience. Must be fluent in English and Kurdish.
- Must be able to demonstrate European or US qualifications or equivalent as recognized in the industry, such as City & Guilds or formal competency qualifications from regular Military service or gained in the Healthcare/Education sector.
- Must have at least 10 years of experience working for an International Oil & Gas Company as a Remote Camp Chef.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of hands on training local national staff.
- Must be capable of providing International and local Kurdish dishes and menus.
- Must be fit and healthy, as required by catering industry standards.
Essential Vocational Skills
- Must prioritize staff QHSE motivation and training, mentoring and development.
- Must be able to demonstrate teachable first-class kitchen and Camp management skills including budgeting, cost and inventory management, and efficient use of produce and supplies.
- The ability to motivate subordinates to achieve high levels of customer service and satisfaction is an additional prime requirement.
Personal Skills and Qualities
- Must include outstanding leadership and coaching skills.
- Fluent in English and Kurdish languages, both written and spoken.
- Good level of computer literacy - especially with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must have a high awareness of the challenges of supporting multi-cultural workforces and be respectful of diverse cultures and nationalities.
- Honest, sensible and trustworthy.
- Gain and maintain an awareness of local cultural, political and tribal factors.
- Candidate must be self-motivated with the ability to motivate and encourage his staff and trainees.
Roles and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following
- Ensure all local staff engaged in running the Camp, kitchens, Mess-Hall, at all sites safely and professionally, highlighting personal hygiene, equipment cleanliness, and correct stowage of utensils.
- Raising awareness that all kitchen and associated equipment must be in safe working order and maintained in a hygienic and fault-free condition.
- Ensure that kitchen staff are trained and supervised in the correct use of the equipment and in a manner, which promotes safety and cleanliness.
- Actively coach safe practices, with training programs to highlight slips, trips, and falls; knife safety; use of machine guards, mail gloves etc.
- Train staff in health and safety outwit the kitchen and ensure appropriate dress is maintained at all times - in all Kitchen areas, food storage areas, and during handling of provisions and supplies.
- Attend and as required organize regular Safety Meetings with HSE, Camp Bosses, and Field Services Manager. Encourage catering staff involvement.
- Foster relationships by involving HSE Supervisors, Camp Medics, and so on in weekly HSE kitchen and Camp inspections.
- Train staff in food storage hygiene and coach staff in temperature controls and recording, monitoring/logging equipment and control requirements across all types of storage.
- Maintain and control inventory of Fresh and Dry Food and Cleaning Materials ensure sufficient Food and cleaning materials is available at all times.
- Ensure that a food sampling program is put into place, working with Camp Boss and Medic.
- Form an action team to arrange Menus with feedback from diners, creating new or enhancing traditional favorites to ensure constant variety and quality of the servings, ensuring Kurdish cuisine is promoted but balanced with the input of other core nationalities.
- Develop and enhance the range of products from the bakery with local baker.
- Train staff by working with the Camp Boss to ensure that the Mess Halls are made constantly more attractive, kept clean and with hygiene developed to a very high standard.
- Train Staff in front-of-house skills and their appearance.
- Build up a picture of local suppliers and recommend methods of securing quality supplies at contract prices to preserve lines of supply, freshness, and minimizing stock-on-shelves.
- Working with Field Services Manager and HSE Dept., develop and promote segregation of waste food for incineration, metals, plastics, and other recyclables for washing and disposal.
- Manage Budgeting and cost control of the Purchase of all Food Stuff, and Cleaning Materials.
- Issue Regular SRF’s for the Purchase of Food Stuff and Cleaning Materials.
- Once a Quarter provide written appraisal of each of the Camp Catering Team to the Erbil Management Team, identify any issues and or problems with local staff.
- Along with the CLIENT Field Services Manager Develop Training on site Training projects for all Camp Catering Staff.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.