One of the world’s largest engineering companies is currently looking to hire a Chief Accountant to work on preparing financial statements, tax returns, local GAAP, commercial registration, WHT, VAT, PIT and wage tax of the company. The successful candidate will be based in Baghdad.
- Accounting: filing of all accounting transactions for the company’s project PE in the local company’s electronic accounting system, checking of correctness and completeness of the documentation, verification of the documentation for the accounting and ensure that all financial transactions are in compliance with the company’s procedures and policy. Preparation of Financial Statements according to local GAAP and/or IFRS.
- Follow up of missing or incomplete documentation with the PE Coordinators. Plausibility check of the received data. Local archiving of all documents.
- Development of the data flow and time lines together with PE Tax Compliance and PE Coordinators
- Support of the projects for all local legal requirements (e.g. update the company’s commercial register, renewal of the company PE registration, tax exemption certificate)
- Support of contract analysis for accounting and tax treatment (if necessary - reconciliation with CF T and/or tax consultant)
- Handling of tax return (CIT) together with CF T, local tax function (Head of Tax, Head of Accounting) and with the Tax Adviser, support of CF T (to support CF TS overall responsibility for tax declaration)
- Handling of all tax audits (e.g. VAT, wage tax, CIT) under functional guidance of CF T. Preparation and collection of documents for tax audit purposes and attending tax inspection.
- Handling of all necessary tax declarations (e.g. CIT, WHT, VAT, wage Tax) depending on requirements of local law, including coordination and controlling of payments and payment proof - if applicable. Responsibility of availability of all documentations and certificates. Checking of tax assessments. Allocation of chargeable taxes or tax related expenditures to the respective units and / or CF T, whatever applies
- Support of the audits performed by internal audit organizations, external audit companies (eg. EY, tax authorities), under the functional guidance of the respective departments (e.g. PE Manager, CF R, CF T etc.).
- Follow up with HR and the tax adviser the monthly salary tax calculation and issuing the yearly salary tax certificates of the company’s PE Expatriates; controlling that all the salary data should be related to the company’s projects only, coordination of the company expatriates salary tax payment, follow up the salary tax reconciliation of the pervious years according to HR, and submission of an annual salary tax payment proof per employee per CY