Mselect is looking for a Chief Operator for one of its oil clients to be based in Kurdistan with below details:
Supervises, monitors, operates and administers heavy/light oil and gas production facility with high H2S in the Kurdistan region of Iraq, reporting directly to production facility supervisor. Position responsibilities include ensuring company rules and procedures are in place and implemented, efficient and safe operation of all facility process equipment, trouble shooting the operation and equipment, informing and assisting maintenance personnel, document control and reporting.
- Commissioning, operate and maintain production facility; consisting of Allen Bradley based DSC/PLC control system, inlet heaters, LP/IP separators, cross exchanger, electrostatic dehydrator, desalter, oil stripper N2, flare system, ESD system and all associated pumps, control valves and equipment.
- Commissioning, operate and maintain, flowline inlet manifold, oil and produced water storage, truck loading pumps, metering and racks, wash water and cooling pond, chemical injection systems, power generation, air/nitrogen utilities, fire and gas detection systems and all support facility/equipment.
- Provide operations input for future plant expansions; including but not limited to amine gas scrubbing unit, separators, gas injection compressors and associated equipment.
- Supervise oil quality lab ensuring oil is suitable for sales.
- Prepare daily production reports.
- Supervise and train all facility operators, control system techs and lab techs.
- Develop daily operations procedures and reporting.
- Supervise daily equipment inspections, identify problems, informing and working with maintenance personnel to efficiently and safely perform repairs or maintenance.
- Analyze facility performance, identify and recommend corrective action as required.
- Ensure safe operation for H2S environment and EHS policies are maintained.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are applied and enforced.
University degree, technical diploma or equivalent experience.
10 years’ experience in oil and gas production facility operations including 5 years supervisory with 2 years in sour service
- Broad knowledge of oil and gas facility operations with H2S.
- Ability to maintain H2S certification, fit test and lead all safe work including permit to work system.
- Ability to continually develop operations procedures and safe work practices.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare written and verbal reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
- Skills in planning and problem solving.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to read drawings and/or technical manuals.
- Ability to make complex operating decisions.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in the use of Windows based personal computers.
- Willingness to work on shift/rotation schedule.
- Has valid driver’s license.