MSELECT is looking to hire a Civil Engineer for a Local Construction Company to be based in Erbil, Iraq.
- Designs construction projects by studying project concept, architectural drawings, and models
- Prepares engineering design by collecting and studying reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photographs and tests on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and related topographical and geologic data
- Determines project costs by calculating labor, material, and related costs
- Prepares feasibility study by analyzing engineering design, conducting environmental impact studies, assembling data
- Prepares engineering documents by developing construction specifications, plans, and schedules
- Confirms adherence to construction specifications and safety standards by monitoring project progress, inspecting construction site, verifying calculations and placements
- Fulfills project requirements by training and guiding operators.
- Maintains operations by enforcing project and operational policies and procedures
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, advising management on needed actions
- Maintains project data base by writing computer programs, entering data, completing backups
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Sound mathematical, scientific and IT skills
- The ability to think methodically and to manage projects
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and within budgets
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities
- Negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills
- Civil Engineer Degree
- Min 5 Years’ experience in construction
- Fluent command of written and spoken English
- Very Good knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel.
Please note due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.