Civil Works Superintendent is required for international oil & gas operator with minimum 20 years’ of experience in civil works projects to be based in Kurdistan.
Company is seeking experienced Civil Works Superintendent to be based at the operations sites in Kurdistan. The Civil Works Superintendent will be joining an international and dynamic working environment characterized by experienced, skilled and motivated employees.
The Civil Works Superintendent shall be accountable for the overall co-ordination of the Civil Construction Works primarily focusing on the supervision and management of contractors. The Civil Works Superintendent shall lead the planning and scheduling of all site civil works and shall be responsible for ensuring all requirements under company’s HSE Contractor Management standard have been met before work commences.
The Civil Works shall be administered, directed and controlled in a transparent and equitable manner in accordance with Company’s business principles utilising adequate and fit for purpose management tools and capable staff. The control systems that shall comprise cost, time and resource management shall be fully documented in the project execution plan and procedures. Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that are essential for the achievement of efficient project completion shall be established and monitored through each stage of the Work.
Health, safety, environment and security are core values at company and are taken very seriously. All employees are expected to play their role whereas senior staff is also part of a company-wide safety leadership programme. The Project Manager will play a key role in this area.
- Management and delivery of Civil Works in accordance with the companies HSE policy
- Ensures works are executed according to the contract and agreed risk controls.
- Supervises and is responsible for safe and responsible contract implementation and completion.
- Defines and safely delivers cost effective construction solutions to internationally recognized standards, some within challenging timescales.
- Raise internal project construction approval documentation, review scope changes and change requests as required;
- Lead the Job Risk Assessments reviews and ensure all mitigating measures are enforced.
- Produce construction status reports.
- Monitor construction progress and ensure necessary information flow between stakeholders to meet project milestones
- Support effective handover and closure of construction contracts.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- More than 20 years of experience in civil works projects, preferably within the oil and gas industry.
- Experience of contractor HSE Management
- Have a wide range of technical skills and experience and a practical knowledge of typical oil field construction works.
- Experience in developing technically acceptable, constructible and operable cost-effective solutions to complex problems.
- Familiar with commonly used project management concepts and tools, used to contribute project control information.
- Open, clear, communication style
- Commitment to the development of national staff
- Proven experience in contractor management
- Flexible working style with adaptability
- High energy, strong work ethic, Self-starter with “fire in the belly”
- Ability to achieve results in a small company through initiative and taking accountability
- Ability to cope with pressure, complexity and ambiguity while bringing order and clarity