We are urgently looking for a Mechanical Technician for one of the major Oil & Gas operators in Kurdistan, to provides professional supervision and hands-on troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of oil production facility mechanical equipment in a manner which assures minimum downtime on equipment. A minimum of 10 years of experience is required.
- Must have an excellent working knowledge and experience working on gas and diesel engines, valves, gas compressors and pumps, both centrifugal and positive displacement and heaters and burners.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, maintains all mechanical equipment.
- Orders spare parts, supplies, tools and equipment needed in the repair and maintenance of all mechanical equipment.
- Ensures that all safety procedures are followed.
- Implements tag-out lock-out procedures during routine maintenance and repair.
- Develops and implements preventative maintenance programs for all mechanical equipment.
- Provide supervision and training of local personnel.
- Observe all safety procedures and company policies.
- Technical diploma minimum.
- Minimum of 10 years of mechanical experience in the petrochemical industry.
- Computer competency a must.
- KRG experience preferred.
- Enthusiastic about operations role.
- Ability to work effectively within team of operations and maintenance.
- Ability to work with multinational workforce.
- Willingness to work on shift/rotation schedule.
- Proven track record of training national staff while completing multiple tasks.
- Read/Write/Speak English language required.