We are seeking to hire an international Program Director to manage a new program to protect and empower vulnerable women and girls through expanded MHPSS service delivery and through a university-based education and training program. The successful candidate will be an experienced Program Manager with prior experience in MHPSS and SGBV programming with displaced persons, and survivors of torture and sexual violence. We are looking for a compassionate, confident, dynamic and independent person, able to lead development, planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of a large project.
We are seeking a candidate to start in October 2016, to be based in Erbil with frequent travel to Duhok and Sulaimaniya, KRI on an eighteen month contract. The Package includes housing allowance.
Program Management and Leadership:
- Lead responsibility for program, technical and administrative management of the program including quality assurance, monitoring and documentation of results.
- Provide strategic direction and technical advice on program development and implementation with a focus on the protection and empowerment of women and girls survivors of SGBV.
- Oversee program planning and implementation to ensure program goals, objectives and targets are met.
- Supervise and manage all program staff.
- Develop and lead implementation of plans for outreach with the target community.
- Develop materials on standard of care and referrals system in coordination with partners.
- Lead in the implementation of the program’s strategy to meet the needs of survivors and strengthen support mechanisms.
- Lead in the Development of standard of care to be provided by program partners to SGBV survivors.
- Develop practices and policies and ensure that these are adhered to.
- Provide training to program staff.
- Develop work plans, oversee implementation and track progress.
- Lead mapping of services across KRI, working with existing working groups.
- Ensure the ethical management of case data and systems, ensuring that data collection informs improved service delivery.
Coordination and Organizational Representation:
- Participate in Mental Health Working Group and SGBV Sub-Working Group meetings.
- Develop strategic partnerships with local organizations.
- Maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders including donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors.
- Work closely with program partners.
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E):
- Working closely with the M&E Manager, devise program M&E plan.
- Ensure that M&E systems provide adequate feedback to inform program development and course correction as necessary.
- Ensure that all reporting requirements are met on time, and that reports are of a high quality.
Staff Management and Capacity Building:
- Supervise, train and build capacity of program staff.
- Devise development plans for all staff members.
- Provide regular, constructive feedback to staff members.
Finance and Budget Management:
- Ensure that program procurement is in line with NGO’s policies and donor regulations.
- Oversee program budget to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Conduct regular budget monitoring to ensure program spending in on track.
- Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Development or other related degree desired.
- At least three years of experience in MHPSS and SGBV programming.
- At least five years of management experience including project design, execution, budget management, and staff management.
- Experience implementing large donor-funded international development and/or humanitarian assistance programs.
- Experience in Iraq and/or Kurdistan a plus.
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships.
- Good diplomatic and persuasion skills.
- High standard of spoken and written English, Arabic, and/or Kurdish is a plus.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments.
Kindly write your cover letter in the first page of your CV.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.