MSELECT are urgently recruiting on behalf of our International Oil Client, a SCM Business Analyst for Erbil, Kurdistan. This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the global giants in the energy sector where excellent performance is recognized through promotion from within.
Provides administrative and analytical support to SCM Business Manager Role plus administrative support to the Strategic Procurement and Contracts Group. Functional guidance, training and mentoring to be provided primarily by Contracts Advisor and Lead Contracts Advisor based in Erbil plus additional guidance will be provided by the Business Manager.
Responsibilities & Key Objectives:
- Develops a sound working knowledge of the company’s Sourcing and Contracts Procedures, CUG Model Contracts and the company’s Contracting Manual. Completes all related compliance training and on-board training for “New to SCM and New to Contacts” personnel.
- Assists Business manager in the preparation, review and monitoring of SCM budgets.
- Works with SCM functional team leads to prepare and monitor AFE’s and GO-113’s as required.
- Works with Finance and Contracts on developing and maintaining contract cost reports and assists the Contracts Advisors on engagement with Contact Owners on Contract status reports.
- Will participate as an observer and support to the Chairman and Facilitator of the governance committee CRC. Will assist in the development of presentation materials and recording of minutes of all meetings and electronic polling.
- Demonstrates capacity to enhance knowledge in a broader range of Procurement and Supply chain tools to assist in the SCM Business Management function. Plays key role in assisting Contractor Advisors and Business Manager in SCM specific sourcing efforts. Identifies opportunities for accomplishing category goals and enhancement of the business management function.
- Provides analytical and administrative support to Business Manager in the development of routine and adhac reports, “should cost analysis of goods and services” Cost of Goods and Services (COGS), SCM Value creation reports and validation, process enhancement initiatives and implementation, contract spend reports. Liaises with Contact Owners/Sponsor Groups in order to align and validate SCM’s contribution to reported “Value Creation”. Plays and integral role in the collating of data and development of each department’s Annual Contracting Plan.
Degree – Preferably from one of the following disciplines: – Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Business/Commerce, Law, Supply Chain Management
Job Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Fluent in English and Kurdish both oral and written.
- Organized and self-discipline.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations (Multi-Tasking).
- Be able to use Microsoft Office and other modern office PC software programmes and equipment for the formulation of schedules, records and reports.
- Preferably some previous experience in a similar capacity or related field and general knowledge of procurement, contracting logistics and Services is desired but not critical.