· Managing and ensuring compliance with, all Production Sharing Contracts (PSC).
· Ensuring that processes and systems are developed and reporting undertaken to secure compliance with the PSCs and relevant KRG laws & regulations and in particular, maximization of cost recovery.
· Coordination with Finance Department on PSC matters to ensure a coordinated and consistent approach.
· Ensure that the requirements of the PSC, and the appropriate processes and systems, are understood by relevant persons within the business and Oil Search, and develop and implement strategies and information programs to deliver this.
· Preparation & presentation of all requests for approval from PSC Management Committee and securing approvals to enter into commitments for expenditure and other matters.
· Providing and sourcing commercial advice and analysis, consistent with Company standards, and support across the business.
· Strategy formulation, analysis and advice on commercial matters within the business
· Where delegated, leading the conduct of negotiations on commercial and related matters and transactions.
· Assembling assumptions for development economics and liaison with analysts undertaking investment analysis.
· Provision of legal support for the business activities.
· Preparation of and presentation of strategic and business planning for the business and coordination of provision of inputs to corporate plans.
· Corporate governance and assurance.
· Lead compilation of presentations, papers & submissions to senior management in the business.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
· At least 5 years’ experience in a commercial environment within Government or business and preferably, petroleum under a PSC regime.
· University qualifications in legal or commercial, finance or engineering discipline.
· Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
· Analytically and problem solving skills.
· Understanding of discounted cash flow analysis, basic finance and accounting principles and capability to build and run basic spreadsheets.
· Able to succinctly articulate analysis and strategies in writing and verbally present to management.
· Able to meet deadlines, prioritize work commitments and manage expectations.
· Understands and employs fit-for-purpose analysis.
· Broad commercial negotiation experience.
· Thinks “outside the box”.
· Maintains discipline on quality assurance and checking process with minimal errors and rework.
· Strong interpersonal skills and cultural awareness for developing country environments
· Preferably Kurdish / English written and oral translation skills.
· Maintain confidentiality at all times
· Emotionally stable and resilient to thrive in a high pressure and high expectation organisational environment.
. Reliable, self-motivated with ability to work both independently and when under pressure
· Candour and honesty