We are seeking a Communications Officer to start in October 2016, to be based in Erbil, for 20-30 hours per week, with the opportunity for full-time. Candidate will manage the organization’s website, design public affairs materials, and facilitate social media communications. Working closely with other team members, generate and design interesting and attractive content for use across a range of social media including the website, Facebook, Twitter, organizational newsletter, and printed and email promotional materials.
- Post and upload material to the website.
- Posting information to Facebook and Twitter.
- Design and create promotional materials such as fliers, email newsletters, marketing and fundraising materials.
- Creating data graphics to report on program performance.
- Provide guidance about how to present program information for all social media.
- Excellent spoken and written English required, native English speaker preferred; Kurdish, a plus.
- Website management experience and excellent computer skills.
- Graphic design and formatting experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role, preferably for an NGO.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Interest in development and humanitarian programs.
Kindly write your cover letter in the first page of your CV.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.