MSELECT is looking to hire Community Mobilisers for a local NGO to be based in Duhok, Iraq.
We are seeking to hire four Outreach Community Mobilizers to work in our new program to protect and empower vulnerable women and girls through improving the access and quality of MHPSS services for survivors of SGBV in KRI. Under this program, the Outreach Community Mobiliser will serve as part of mobile teams alongside Case Managers and Psychologists providing mobile services to women and girls and their families and conducting community awareness events in various locations throughout Duhok governorate. The successful candidates must be compassionate, confident, diligent, trustworthy, and resourceful; experience providing working with internally displaced people, refugees, and/or survivors of SGBV is a plus. The Outreach Community Mobilizer must be willing and interested to work with people of different religious, ethnic, cultural, educational, and socio-economic backgrounds.
We are seeking female candidates to start immediately in Duhok, KRI. This position reports directly to the Case Management Team Lead.
- Work as part of a mobile team alongside Case Managers and Psychologists serving IDPs in camp and non-camp settings, primarily in Dohuk governorate.
- Identify families and individuals in need of case management and/or psychosocial support services that fit within NGO's target population and refer cases to Case Management Team Lead.
- Assist the IDP community in obtaining information, knowledge and access to available relevant services through outreach activities, including providing information about NGO's services and other available services.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with clients, co-workers, and partner agencies, including documentation of community events.
- Raise awareness amongst the community on SGBV prevention, caring for survivors of ISIS captivity, and other topics, as requested by supervisor.
- Mobilize clients and community members into groups for recreational activities, support groups, and other activities, as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy of clients at all times.
- Perform other duties as necessary, as assigned by supervisor.
- Female candidates are accepted
- Strong belief in human rights and gender equality
- Previous experiences working with IDPs, refugees, and/or survivors of SGBV is a plus
- Bachelor degree of social work, psychology or other related degree, high school degree will be accepted.
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to gain trust and build relationships
- High communication skills
- High standard of spoken and written Arabic and Kurdish
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, Email, etc.)
- Report writing skills
- Working independently/in a group
- Working under pressure
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.