Mselect is hiring an Accountant for one of its international clients in the Automotive industry to be placed in Baghdad, Iraq. Main responsibilities will be to organizes and manage general accounting activities and maintains accounting systems that ensure the proper accounting and recording of company resources; provides financial statements, analysis, and other key management reports in respect of accountancy laws and group principles.
- Supervise and control of the general accounting area including general ledger, payable, receivables, payroll and cost accounting
- Responsible for financial statement and report preparation on a regular and special request basis;
- Keep the Company books in full compliance with local laws and group principles and capture the requirements for, and verify the conformity and accuracy of, the Company’s financial reporting.
- Undertake financial reporting entry and reconciliation according to company reporting schedule and instructions.
- Capture the requirements and verify the conformity and accuracy of the Company’s financial reporting.
- Maintain and monitor monthly Provisions and accruals calculation, book-keeping and reporting.
- Prepare and/or review required tax returns and filing documents.
- Coordinate and prepare for financial audits as required by Company policy and financial regulations.
- Monitors established internal controls to assure proper compliance. Monitor stock taking in warehouses
- Recommends changes in financial policies and procedures, as necessary and assist with planning and implementing changes in the accounting system.
- Follow up and manage timely the credit risk with monthly reporting on Days of Sales Outstanding (DSO), Receivables ageing, collection recovery , overdues and risk exposure.
- Establish and maintain communication milestones with sales team in order to speed-up the collection of customer open balances; Prepare, hold and lead a credit committee meeting on monthly basis and punctual exchanges whenever required.
- Support Management in improving business performance and taking decisions, by providing accurate & appropriate financial KPIs; Provide assistance to General Management regarding general legal affairs & financial compliances.
- Manage the accounting activities related to our retail shops : payable, receivables, audit, reporting, stock taking.
- BS degree a major in Accounting or Finance.
- min 3 years' experience in Accounting function , A CPA is +
- Knowledge of data processing capabilities and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a wide range of people.
- Well organized with strong analytic and reasoning abilities
- Fluency in English and Arabic is mandatory