Our major Oil and Gas client is looking for a Contract Specialist to jointly deliver with the Contract Management Team a smooth end-to-end supply chains for the dedicated portfolio. The ideal candidate will be working on a rotation of 28/14 and based in Basra– Majnoon field.
- The Contract Specialist will manage the execution of the complete Category Management & Contracting Process (CMCP) starting from pre-award ITT , Tender, evaluation and award all the way to Post Award Contract Management
- Deliver value through the company's enterprise frameworks for key spends categories
- Implementation of global strategies at a regional and local level
- Delivery and management of local and global targets of Third Party Spend Savings (TPSS) and value Improvement (VI)
- Implementation of Contractor HSSE practices in close liaison with Contract Management Team
- Manage key and challenging supplier relationships
- Maintain close relation with stakeholders in the business
- Regularly engage with key stakeholders in operations and maintenance team to understand focused delivery areas.
- Ensure materials are on time on site at best possible commercial deal
- Ensure Operational Excellence is achieved through end to end Materials Management
- Conduct all compliance controls especially for affiliates and subcontracts.
- Prepare and conduct (together with Contract Manager) Business Performance Reviews, Contract Performance Reviews
- Engage with Projects and Wells to identify value proposition and synergy
- Negotiate with all contractors to reduce OPEX while delivering the same service level.
These portfolios come with emerging challenges which provides ample opportunities to identify improvement areas. This position will be responsible for Strategic and tactical contracts only. This position will require re-locating to Majnoon Oil field in Iraq on 28 days on 14 days off basis.
- Close cooperation and working relation with Engineering and Maintenance, Operations, project, Wells and Contract management Teams. In addition to this, category manager for the implementation of Enterprise Framework Agreements, feedback local technical requirement to category manager to be included in the EFA, participate in forthcoming global strategy
- The portfolio has high frequency use and high complexity, used by experienced stakeholders as well as 3rd party vendors. This is an ideal job to develop engagement and enquiry skills on daily basis. Driving standardization across multiple mature Assets will offer knowledge of the product itself as well as intense engagement in forecasting demand.
- Keeping control on Lead Time through materials contracts requires special focus where Assets may require urgent delivery which cannot be met with standard lead time.
- Ensuring professional execution of all activities carried out in accordance with CMCP by both CP colleagues and other persons involved in the process.
- Ensure all documentations remain in place for 100% cost recovery.
- Undertake commercial reviews of existing contracts with the objective to enhance cost transparency and delivering target OPEX savings.
- Build effective working relationship and community with wide ranges of users and specifies across Projects and E&M spread over multiple locations and consisting of both Majnoon and contractor staff.
Demonstrated evidence of effective, positive stakeholder engagement and enquiry skills
Experience and Qualifications required
- Develop & Apply Cost Modelling Concepts_ Knowledge
- Develop & Apply CP Processes_ Skill
- Develop & Apply CP Systems_ Skill
- Develop & Implement CP Strategy_ Skill
- Develop & Manage Suppliers_ Knowledge
- Analyze Industry, Local & Global Markets_ Knowledge
- Demand Management_ Knowledge
- Develop Category/ Projects Strategies_ Knowledge
- Formulate Sourcing Strategy & Tactics_ Skill
- Manage Sourcing Process_ Skill
- Develop & Apply Negotiation Strategies_ Skill
- Develop Contracts_ Knowledge
- Deliver Contract Value_ Skill
- Develop & Apply Supply Chain Concepts_ Awareness
- Builds Shared Vision_ Skill
- Champions Customer and Stakeholder Focus_ Skill
- Maximizes Business Opportunities_ Skill
- Demonstrates Self Mastery_ Skill
- Displays Interpersonal Effectiveness_ Skill
- Demonstrates Courage_ Skill
- Motivates, Coaches and Develops_ Skill
- Values Difference _ Knowledge
- Delivers Results Through Others_ Knowledge