MSELECT is looking to hire a Construction Manager for one of the leading providers of solutions to the oil and gas and construction industries to be based in a field near Sulaimaniya.
The Construction Manager is responsible for the complete administration and organization of construction and field personnel and directs the field effort through the activities of his staff. He reports directly to the Project Manager.
- Contributes to Construction Safety by reducing site exposure through modularization, standardization and maximizing off plot construction.
- Contributes in the development of brownfield construction strategies and planning initiatives for project opportunities pre FID.
- Focusses on addressing and removing hurdles to efficient construction and actively monitors productivity on site, advising (acting on behalf of) the construction manager of ways to improve the productivity metrics.
- Identifies and monitors brownfield construction planning initiatives for approved projects post FID.
- Will input into enhancing the design, contracting strategy and execution planning all in consideration of constructability through input into HSE, cost, schedule and quality.
- Being an active member of the Project Team and managing construction organization interfaces by working collaboratively across the project organization providing direction, coordination and alignment of construction strategies and planning.
- Acts as the Construction interface from the point of project inception to the point the project starts field execution.
- Working with the Project Engineer and EPCM (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Management services) Construction Management Team, development of a construction strategy & execution plan including cost & schedule to effectively execute construction deliverables for the project.
- Ability to effectively work on more than one project at a time.
- Coordinate with Project Engineer and EPCM (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Management services) Construction Management Team to bring a coordinated approach to the overall project scope, quality, cost, and schedule expectations.
- Ensure that planning of the project deliverables from Engineering and Contracts & Procurement is line with the construction sequence and further to the hand over sequence.
- Ensures designs make optimal use of cold work, modularization and off plots construction to minimize HSSE exposure on site.
- Assure that the final design has provided an appropriate construction risk assessment versus economic benefit via definition, timing and facilitation of the Constructability Review(s).
- Coordinate with the Project Engineer and EPCM (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Management services) Construction Management to bring a fit for purpose Work Face Planning process into the project planning and execution.
- Ensure that construction project activities are effectively coordinated and integrated into the total project integrated plan and support EPCM (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Management services) to manage interfaces with Operation and other disciplines.
- Support Project Engineer and EPCM (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Management services) in tendering process for field contractors through prequalification of bidders (HSE, capability, and capacity) and participation in the preparation of tender and tender evaluation.
Develop with EPCM (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Management services)
- Temporary site requirements.
- Construction execution strategy/plan including need for early works.
- Construction organization.
- Construction manpower plan.
- Construction schedule and build sequence.
- Modularization strategy.
- Work Face Planning strategy/plan.
Participate and contribute to:
- QA/QC planning for field fabrication and installation.
- Shop fabrication handover plan.
- Logistics plan.
- Hazid workshop.
- Risk identification workshop.
- Integrated activity projects plan.
- SIMOPS workshops.
- Model reviews.
- Regularly scheduled project meetings.
- Lessons Learned workshop.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the main Engineering branches, i.e. Mechanical, Civil, Electrical, Chemical, or Equivalent.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Oil and Gas related project Design and Engineering.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Oil and Gas Project Delivery as an Umbrella Contract Construction Lead function in a multidiscipline Workforce.
- Experience in Productivity measurement resource based planning (Level 4 Scheduling).
- Strong leadership and teambuilding skills.
- Supervisory experience.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.