The Camp Construction Superintendent shall be responsible for the overall co- ordination during construction including the supervision and management of Subcontractors and Vendors, the determination of requirements for materials and construction equipment and the co-ordination with other works being undertaken by the Company and other parties in relation to the Project.
The Project shall be administered, directed and controlled in a transparent and equitable manner in accordance with Company’s business principles utilizing adequate and fit for purpose management tools and capable staff. The control systems that shall comprise cost, time and resource management shall be fully documented in the project execution plan and procedures.
Health, safety, environment and security are core values at company and are taken very seriously. All employees are expected to play their role whereas senior staff is also part of a company-wide safety leadership programmer. The Project Manager Field will play a key role in this area.
- Interpret instructions from the Project Manager.
- Discuss drawings with construction teams and engineers to gain feedback.
- Review completed construction drawings from third parties for accuracy and conformity to company standards.
- Management and delivery of the Project works in accordance with the companies HSE policy
- Ensure company quality control roles are in place the quality expectations are met.
- Project planning and scheduling, cost control, change control, quality assurance, quality control, document control, health, safety, and environment (HSE) design engineering and construction management.
- Direct the contractor’s activities with respect to project execution ensuring the contractor is familiar with company execution plans and overall job requirements, staffs the project with adequate numbers of qualified personnel and optimizes the use of those personnel and employs the appropriate design tools and adheres to all agreed specifications and standards;
- Produce professional project status reports.
- Monitor project progress and ensure necessary information flow between stakeholders to meet project milestones
- Management and supervision of all activities to ensure all construction works are performed safely and in accordance with the companies HSE policy
- Interface Management between all Contractors.
- Review and approval of contractor method statements
- Liaison with engineering design and constructability input to engineering design
- Review of engineering deliverables
- Management of costs and status reporting as related to construction activities
- Management of materials and timely delivery to execute the project.
- Implementation of mechanical completion system to ensure smooth handover to operations.
- Preparation of weekly reports on all aspects of construction projects
- Input to project planning and scheduling
- Minimum 8 years of experience in construction projects, preferably within the oil and gas industry.
- BSc or equivalent in Engineering discipline (Civil, Mechanical, electrical on instrumentation).
- Fluent in English language.
- Hands on experience with construction and commissioning.
- Experience in developing technically acceptable, constructible and operable cost- effective solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to frequent project changes.
- Ability to follow complex instructions and diagrams to create or modify drawings using company and internationally accepted standards.
- Coordinate with engineers, technicians and other personnel to incorporate concepts and information into work packs.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently with minimal oversight.
- Open, clear, communication style
- Proven team player who sets tone for desired culture
- Passionate leader of multi-discipline teams with strong focus on safety and leading people
- Flexible working style with adaptability
- High energy, strong work ethic
- Ability to achieve results in a small company through initiative and taking accountability
- Ability to cope with pressure, complexity and ambiguity while bringing order and clarity
- Good delegator and prepared to self-deliver when needed – a working project engineer
- Ability to maintain a balance of structure, planning and predictability with fast execution