MSELECT is looking to hire a Construction Supervisor for an international oil and gas operator in Kurdistan. Candidate must have minimum 20 years’ experience in production and construction operations and fluent in English.
Provides professional supervision of all construction operations at the Simrit Production Facility for the safe and economic execution of the plant “Train 2” expansion. Simrit has a high H2S content.
- Supervises the construction and start-up of plant expansion facilities.
- Supervises civil works, welding, pipework, electrical, instrumentation and general labor needed for the construction and installation.
- Provides oversight of contractor’s material and methods to ensure QA/QC is met to applicable standards. Ensure contractor compliance with company’s specification, procedures and plans.
- Serves as the day to day interface between Construction contractor and Company Operations/Maintenance team for coordinating and prioritizing activities.
- Maintain and organize all necessary construction documentation.
- Follow permit to work system, SOP’s and safety management systems that are in place.
- Promotes training of the local Company employees.
- Ensuring all pressure tests, non-destructive testing, civil tests and electrical/instrument checks are completed, documented and accepted by company.
- Ensures that all safety procedures are followed.
Educational and Experience Level Required
- Engineering Degree with applicable experience or;
- 20 years’ experience in production and construction operations with international postings.
- Well versed in H2S operating procedures.
- Pro-actively promotes and ensures safe and secure working practices.
- Enthusiastic about construction role and operations coordination.
- Ability to work effectively and provide strong leadership within a challenging environment.
- Ability to work with multi-national workforce.
- Proven track record of training national staff while completing multiple tasks.
- Capable of clear communication between team members
- Proficient with basic computer work and organization including MS Office suite.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process