MSELECT is looking to hire a Contract Administrator for an international oil and gas service client in Erbil, 5 years of experience in contracts with oil companies is a must, fluency in English and Kurdish is requested.
Provide high level contract administration support to Construction, Engineering, Maintenance and Operating Departments for procurement of all goods, work and services.
Provide specialist knowledge in performance of contract development and/or contract administration, preparation and analysis contracting strategy to ensure optimum value to Company organization.
- Receives technical and functional guidance from Head of Procurement Section;
- Administers assigned contracts maintaining a continual review of progress and providing management with information regarding projected financial, schedule or technical difficulties.
- Coordinates with designated staff on operational activities affecting contractual rights and obligations, contract performance, contract administration and other major matters.
- Administers moderately complex contract changes by negotiating with customer personnel and obtaining settlement.
- Represents Company in contractual discussions of moderate complexity.
- Administers information programs to ensure mutual understanding of contract terms and conditions.
- Prepares periodic status reports for management
- Bachelor’s degree in management would be desirable
- CIPS certificate is a plus
- Basic knowledge of contracting regulations, policies and practices.
- Specialized courses or experience in pricing, contract law, negotiations and accounting.
- Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices, procedures and work practices.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in developing contract types, fee arrangements and contract terms.
- Experience in developing and recommending potential solutions to contractual problems to management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the post award administration of contracts.
- Minimum 4-year university degree in business, engineering or related field.
- Familiarity with lump sum, unit price and cost plus type contracts.
- Familiarity with construction, design, services forms of contracts.
- Competency in MS Office suite.
- Proficiency in using standard office software such as MS Windows, MS Office and/or equivalent;
- Proficiency in using modern communication tools such as Internet, e-mail, mobile phone, telephone / video conferencing, instant messenger systems;
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process