A major global Oil and Gas company is looking for a Contracting & Compliance Specialist who will be responsible for ensuring conformance to a range of minimum standards, policies and processes for procurement activities undertaken by the PSCM team in support of ROO operations. The Contracting & Compliance Specialist will be working in the PCSM Department and based in Basra – South Rumaila HQ
- The Iraq Region has an aggressive development plan to increase production in the Rumaila Oil Field from 1.25 mbpd to 1.85 and then 2.85 mbpd during the next five years, which will develop it into the world's 3rd largest Oil Field. The current plan is to support this growth utilizing over 200 PSCM staff from the company as well as its JV partners.
- The Joint Venture, called the Rumaila Operating Organisation (ROO), has approximately $2.5bn third party annual spend. This spend is regulated by commercial Supply Contracts covering all aspects of JV’s operations (e.g. drilling and seismic appraisals, helicopters, engineering and maintenance, chemicals and catering).
- The Contracting and Compliance team ensures conformance to a range of minimum standards, policies and processes for procurement activities undertaken by the PSCM team in support of ROO operations.
The key challenges for the team are:
- Providing the appropriate systems, processes tools and templates to enable PSCM specialists to successfully and efficiently undertake procurement activities on behalf of the ROO.
- Ensuring successful pre-qualification of suppliers to minimize procurement risk to ROO. This should include pre-qualification and registration of existing and potential suppliers on supplier database, and conducting of Anti-Corruption and Due Diligence (ACDD) checks.
- Verification of supplier information including HSSE statistics, Tax Certification and Company Registration Documentation.
- Ensuring PSCM practitioners follow procurement procedures and utilise appropriate templates in their completion of procurement activities.
- Ensure full record of end to end procurement process is kept for the framework for cost recovery under which the Iraq Region operates. Document storage should be in soft and hard copy format
- Ensure Document Control and storage in such a way to maintain record of procurement activity in systematic manner, whilst maintaining confidentiality of all documentation
- The Basra Contracting & Compliance Team should work closely with central Contract & Compliance Team
- Contracting & Compliance Specialist for Basra procurement
- Accountable for working with third party provider of supplier registration database to encourage subscriptions from both existing and potential Iraqi and International Suppliers
- Accountable for assuring certain documentation provided by suppliers as part of pre-qualification registration in supplier database. Documents to include Company Registration, Tax Certification and Anti-Corruption and Due Diligence information.
- Work within supplier database to create a methodology for pre- grading and pre-qualifying suppliers in preparation for market enquiries.
- Accountable for coaching PSCM practitioners and other stakeholders in use of supplier database, and encouraging use to increase utilisation of database as source of potential suppliers, increasing supply options for ROO.
- Accountable for coaching PSCM practitioners in deployment of Anti-Corruption Due Diligence (ACDD) processes and templates. Maintaining Log of all ACDD activities undertaken and verifying compliance to process. Working in conjunction with Legal analyse suppliers indicated as high risk. Reporting any breaches of ACDD processes.
- Maintaining secure documentation storage of all contract files, ensuring clear records of documents required for framework of cost recovery under which Iraq Region Operates. Ensuring storage of documents in controlled manner – both in hard and soft copy. Assisting with retrieval of documents at time of internal and external audit.
- Champions HSSE and promotes compliance with the company’s Code of Conduct.
Criteria & Qualifications:
- Degree qualified or equivalent preferred and/or 5 years relevant industry experience
- Experience in Compliance role, or with sourcing experience. Oil& Gas or Manufacturing industry experience.
- Full range of administrative skills, including organization, prioritising and forward planning
- Ability to work without supervision, assess requirements and taking action under own initiative
- Open and communicative style, with the ability to listen
- Ability to deal comfortably with internal and external contacts at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Strong follow-through and completion of assigned tasks
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office products i.e. PowerPoint, Access & Excel.
- Being able to work under pressure and stringent time constraints.
- Team player as well as working under own initiative
- This is a 12 month contract.