MSELECT is looking to hire a Contracts and Procurement Specialist for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role within the oil and gas industry. English and Kurdish fluency is a must.
- Responsible for all aspects of company Contracting and Procurement processes in support of the company’s objectives in Kurdistan. This includes stewardship of the Contracting Plan, coordination of Formal Bid/Tender and Request for Quotation (RFQ) processes, scope specific Contract or Purchase Order creation, administration, closeout, and contractor management.
- Assist as needed with vacation backup for peer Contract Advisor
- Assisting in Inventory Stock Count on quarterly basis
- Other ad hoc reporting as and when required
- Work with Department Heads to create and maintain a contracting plan with sufficient detail to enable contract formulation activities well in advance of contract need by date
- Coordinate the activities and maintain documentation of all phases of Formal Bid/Tender process
- Prepare and Issue Requests for Quotation, manage quotation evaluation and award process and prepare relevant contract and purchase orders
- Keep an auditable record of all contracts and purchase orders
- Maintain a current status register for all active contracts
- Coordinate with contractors, suppliers, and Department Heads to clarify and resolve contractual issues or dispute
- Prepare and maintain register of change orders and contract amendments
- Prepare contract closeout documentation and correspondence
- Work with Accounts Payable, Logistics and Warehouse teams to resolve any contract related invoice processing issues
Qualification & Experience
- Graduate or Certified in Supply Chain Management
- At least 5 years of experience in similar role in the oil and gas industry
- Excellent proficiency in English and Kurdish (written and spoken)
- Works Safely
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.