MSelect is seeking to hire a Control Room Operator for one of its Oil&Gas clients to be based in Erbil.
A CRO is capable of operating the ICSS, Fire and Gas and ESD systems from Central Control Room.
He will optimise the process and reduce and control plant upsets. He will respond effectively to emergencies. He will ensure that plant inhibits and overrides are controlled as per procedures and
Management System guidelines. He will ensure that that personnel under his supervision are fully competent and aware of their responsibilities.
Production facility equipment covered includes oil and gas production systems, wells with ESP, oil stabilisation, gas sweetening and dehydration, produced water injection, power generation, fire and gas detection systems, ESD systems, Export pipeline, metering and utilities systems.
- Start up, Operate, Monitor and Shut Down wells, process and utility systems
- Monitor, maintain and optimise process parameters (Level, flow, temperature, pressure etc) within operating requirements
- Compare sample and testing results (API/BS&W/salinity) of process and utility fluids to optimal
- Trouble shoot to maximize sales quality and delivery volume to identify problems
- Maintain discharge water quality within current SBMPC or local guidelines.
- Monitor and operate electrical/hydraulic control panels, safety and emergency shutdown devices, Fire and Gas Systems
- Ensure accurate production reporting is submitted daily or as required by company and client
- Witness third party calibrations when appropriate
- Prepare the release of equipment for routine planned maintenance, controls the isolation process, etc.
- Carry out re-instatement on completion of work and in line with the Permit to Work requirements
- Confirm that all res-instatement checks have been fully completed and signed off prior to bringing equipment into service after maintenance.
- Coordinate test runs on equipment by agreement with Maintenance Department.
- Implementing and enforcing Company Management System policies and procedures in particular Isolation Standards and PTW
- Carry out all operations in safe and environmentally sound manner
- Report all discharges, leaks, spills, injuries, and incidents, immediately
- Ensure personnel understand and comply with current environmental regulations
- Monitor and Record the status of all ESD, Fire and Gas Process Control Safety Defeat Overrides, ensuring compliance with guidelines and removal at earliest opportunity
- Assist maintenance operations by applying/removing isolations as required
- Supervise operation of PTW system
- Advise maintenance personnel on hazards of plant and equipment
- Maintain clear and precise communications during maintenance operations
Interpersonal Skills & Suitability
- Control activities of vendor and subcontractor personnel
- Create and maintain effective working relationships
- Create and maintain positive work culture
Monitor and Maintain Pollution Control Measures
- Monitor the controlled discharges from area of responsibility to the environment and take corrective active and/or report to the Production Shift Supervisor if they are out with the prescribed limits.
- Identify and halt unplanned discharges where possible, and reported immediately to the Production Shift Supervisor.
- Show competence during emergency drills and exercises
- Coordinate the first response for plant emergencies, ensuring all personnel are advised and then acting to instructions of Production Shift Supervisor
- Carry out Emergency Response role
Pre-hire Qualifications and Experience
- Formal Process operating qualification or local technical school. (Processing Operations Hydrocarbons Level 3 or CRO Level 3 or similar)
- 3 years minimum in hydrocarbon processing operations
- Thorough knowledge and experience of Oil & Gas production, process and utilities systems, operations and wells and in addition experience in an Oil & Gas facility Control Room, with Distributed Control, ESD and Fire and Gas Systems
- Familiar with “permit to work” systems, isolation procedures and safety management systems
- Knowledge of all aspects of safety management
- Good English language communication skills, spoken & written.
- Experience of working in a high H2S oil & gas facility is desirable
- Experience of working in a project environment
- Experience working with and training subordinate staff
- Computer literate on MS 'Office' software packages
- Medically fit
- Team worker, able to build working relationships with colleagues
- Technical: Appropriate standard of technical knowledge as defined by competencies
- IT: Familiarity with computerised maintenance recording systems Practical familiarity with standard ‘Microsoft Office’ software package. Operation and use of Internet and electronic mail system
- Personal: Safety aware. Conscientious, flexible, versatile and determined. Positive attitude