MSELECT is looking to hire a Control Room Technician for an international oil and gas operator in Duhok. Candidates must hold OND/ONC/HNC/ HND Degree in chemical, oil and gas or process or equivalent vocational qualification.Scope:
The Control Room Technician will be responsible to the Facility Manager for the safe and reliable operation of the control, fire and gas and ESD systems from the control room at site facility in Kurdistan region of Iraq. Remote site and camp-based position requiring the candidate to work 2 weeks on shift by 2 weeks off rotation.
Job Specific Duties:
- Start up, operate, monitor and shutdown all production and utility equipment for the production facility.
- Remotely control all process systems from DCS/SCADA panels.
- Monitor, maintain and optimize the process within operating parameters.
- Maintain precise communication with facility operators and maintenance personnel.
- Record daily production data and readings.
- Maintain daily logs for all activities.
- Coordinate activities with maintenance personnel and shift work teams.
- Ensure compliance with and effectively implement company policies and procedures.
- Ensure safe operation for H2S environment and adhere to HSE policies.
- Ensure compliance with PTW system within given area of responsibility.
- Key member of the Emergency Response Team.
- Maintain Override, Long Term Isolation and LO/LC registers.
- Mentor and coach for national trainees.
- Exhibits and maintains excellent working relationships with all the team.
- Reports to the Production Supervisor on all issues relating to plant.
- Applicates must be self-motivated and proactive plus be able to demonstrate their ability to work within a small operations team structure.
- Candidates ideally have 15 years’ experience in oil and gas production working in the control room.
- Experience working in H2S environment.
- The successful candidate must hold OND / ONC/ HNC / HND / Degree (in chemical, oil and gas or process) or equivalent vocational qualification.
- Trained in H2S awareness.
- Candidates must be proficient in English language both verbal and written and be computer literate.
- Experienced in coaching nationals to a competency program.
- Knowledge of HSE regulations applicable to.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.