Mselect is currently recruiting on behalf of an International Pharmaceutical Client. They are seeking a Chief Accountant to be based in their office in Erbil.
To provide support to Finance Manager in all aspects of finance, with specific assigned responsibility for preparing payment vouchers, accounting data entry, account reconciliations and filing.
- Reviews coding on all vouchers for valid account/cost center/donor combinations and, if not the originator, recommend necessary adjustments to the originator;
- Prepare payment vouchers in a timely manner in accordance with supporting documents
- Ensures that payment of vendor invoices are accurately reviewed and processed in a timely manner;
- Ensures there is proper supporting documentation for all payments;
- Assists the Finance Manager in the preparation of monthly financial reports;
- Responsible for preparing and paying expat per Diem on a monthly/bimonthly basis.
- Responsible for preparing monthly cash request for onward submission to the office.
- Files the documentation as prescribed in IMC Policy;
- Other relevant tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Assist to projects payments or installments throughout up dating projects tracking sheets.
- Responsible for preparing and settlement income taxes for Baghdad, sites as well as preparing social security payments for Baghdad site.
- Any additional duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Knowledge and understanding of finance or accounting
- College Degree in Accounting or in Finance is preferred.
- 3 to 5 years progressively responsible work experience in management positions.
- Excellent Computer skills in excel sheet, and manage work plans, and managing payments. Microsoft Word, Excel, and any accounting software’s like ACCPAC, Cost point