MSELECT is looking for a Cost Accountant in Fallujah for a multinational company, under the direction of the Controller, is responsible for the on-going cost analysis, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to underlying activities. The cost accountant must also construct and monitor those cost-effective data, needed to provide an appropriate level of costing for financial statement and report preparation, and for supervision and control of the general accounting area. The employee will also be required to identify and recommend further areas for growth, expansion and cost saving
Role and Responsibilities:
- Construct unified data base for a cost accounting system
- Create and review the necessary control points which are required for cost information system
- Provide the management with weekly/monthly & yearly required cost analysis reports
- Update standard cost, experience of job costing, process costing & conversion costing
- Analyse actual labour, material and overhead costs against standard.
- Report on periodic variance analysis and their causes from NPG Group reporting
- Validate the cost of goods sold as part of the month-end close across Business Units
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconcile sales, cost and inventory, liability accounts by customer type by division
- Review and analyse inventory and margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies in regards to cost analyses and profitability
- Partners with various cross-functional departments within the plant and corporate office in strategic project management efforts to compute the unit cost of product from labor material and overhead costs.
- Analyses cost records to ascertain distribution of costs for various divisions of management and production.
- Conducts and analyses audits of costs and prepares reports from the various NPG
- Analyses actual costs versus standard costs and prepares reports of variances
- Prepares estimates of new or proposed product costs Initiate recommend and develop processes budget timelines and training to implement new practices within manufacturing.
- Responsible for producing reports in conformity with general accepted accounting principles
- Implement a standard costing method across the business in NPG
- Ensure leadership and coaching culture is cascaded throughout the Finance Function, and select/develop/motivate subordinates and associates to ensure strong team spirit amongst departments/business units.
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the organization's mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans.
- Provide clear leadership by demonstrating maturity, flexibility and capability of swift adjustment to market dynamics/priorities/particulars.
- Attend Board (when invited) and Subcommittee meetings.
- Build/Maintain/Nurture healthy external business relationships and put in good use for the benefit of the Group.
- Understand / is in touch with his team members’ opinions and anticipate their needs.
- Maintain close contact with all Corporate Functions to work in synchronization with the other Business Units worldwide
- Review and benchmark the internal and external environment in order to improve the financial policies and initiatives to enhance overall business performance.
- Identify and drive the communication and sharing of learning across functions and business units to facilitate continuous improvement
- This position requires a bachelor's degree in Business Administration with a major in Accounting or any combination of experience, education, and training which would provide the level of knowledge, skill, and ability required. CPA, ACA or CIMA is also highly desirable.
- Knowledge of technical and professional principles and skills of accounting and finance, including a strong working knowledge of cost accounting.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of plant operations and its product lines by working in a cross functional capacity in the product development process.
- Knowledge of appropriate management and supervisory skills to supervise general accounting staff.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing with a wide range of people.
- Must possess strong working knowledge of Excel at Advance level.
- and three years' experience in manufacturing or public accounting assisting a manufacturing operation.