We are looking for a Corrosion Engineer for one of our Oil & Gas service clients in Kurdistan. Main responsibility is to study, monitor, control, and prevent the corrosion process, both safely and economically. 10 years of experience is required along with a professional command in English language. Client will cover travelling costs, visa, and accommodation on a rotational basis.
- Provides expertise and assumes full responsibility for areas related to corrosion monitoring and control.
- Reviews the metallurgy of the equipment and piping and makes recommendations for upgrading as required.
- Reviews the operating conditions to assess and monitor corrosive condition and evaluates the material performance in all corrosive systems.
- Reviews the metallurgy for the modifications and major projects.
- Updates procedures and specifications related to corrosion management and inspection activities and recommends repairs/operating parameters to extend the life of equipment and piping.
- Carries out failure analysis and failure investigations in order to enhance safety and integrity of the plant.
- Supervises the cathodic protection system upkeep and monitoring of piping, tanks, marine and concrete structures.
- Updates/prepares the records and corrosion/inspection files for the plant and equipment.
- Bachelor of Science in Metallurgical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- 10 years of experience in process and utilities of petroleum refineries, chemical process plants and petrochemical.
- Good spoken and written English.
- Kurdistan experience is an advantage