MSELECT is looking to hire a Junior Instrument Technician with minimum of 3 years of experience for an international oil operator to be based in Zakho, Iraq.
To work alongside and assist the Instrument Technician in all matters pertaining to Instrument maintenance works and repairs on and around the facilities, in order to gain the required experiences and competencies to allow development to an Instrument Technician role.
Work will be undertaken on a wide variety of Safety systems, Control systems associated with the oil and gas production machinery, power generation equipment, utilities system equipment along with domestic systems supporting the camp and living facilities.
The Junior Instrument Technician has no direct authority, however they will work alongside the Instrument Technician to develop understanding and competence required to maintain Instrument assets and systems.
Maintain and adjust the condition of Instrument assets: Plant Instrumentation, Fire & Gas System, Emergency Shutdown System, and Metering System.
- Assist the Instrument Technician to carry out Instrument maintenance on a wide variety of Safety, Process and Control instrumentation as directed by the E&I Supervisor
- If required assist the Safety Technicians with repairs to gas detection equipment, as directed by the E&I supervisor
- Assist the ICSS Technician with work on main plant control system as directed by E&I Supervisor
- Develop an understanding of Maximo and use it carry out and record maintenance as per the planned maintenance routines within the system.
- Develop an understanding of Maximo and use it to carry out corrective maintenance activities and record within the system
Ensure Full and Correct Maintenance of the Instrument Assets/Systems
- Gain knowledge and experience in the relevant authorisation procedures, safe working practices and specific instructions.
- Assist the Instrument Technician to complete maintenance in an agreed timescale, using safe and appropriate methods and agreed procedures
- Develop an understanding of how resources and spares are planned for and used cost effectively.
- Develop an understanding of the correct, current operating requirements are available for reference.
- Assist the Instrument Technician to ensure any assets which have been maintained or had parameters adjusted still comply with specified operating requirements with minimum disruption and with the specified methods, tools and materials.
- Under supervision learn to monitor and record any maintenance or adjustments accurately in work history in MMS.
Monitor and Assess the Performance and Condition of Instrument Assets/Systems
- Develop an understanding of how to obtain information or parameters from reliable sources. (Inspection ports, connections, vendor documentary information, instrument readings, diagnostic equipment.) using approved methods.
- Gain knowledge and experience in the use of monitoring equipment or procedures correctly to assess the condition of Instrument assets, including the checks of self-Diagnostics systems.
- Under supervision ensure monitoring and checks are carried out in line with specified MMS timescales and schedules.
- Gain knowledge and experience in how to record and communicate monitored outcomes accurately and in timely fashion to raise the effectiveness of MMS.
- Under supervision compare current performance with previous assessments and take action where differences must be addressed.
Diagnose Faults in Instrument Assets/Systems
- Assist the Instrument Technician to respond promptly to problems in line with approved procedures.
- Develop an understanding of how to select appropriate tests and diagnostic procedures and apply them methodically.
- Develop an understanding of how to determine the cause, nature and extent of problems in the performance and condition of electrical systems or assets.
- Gain knowledge and experience in the use of the results of inspections to determine the appropriate actions to take.
- Gain experience in recording an accurate and full description in the appropriate document history.
Monitor and Maintain Pollution Control Measures.
- Develop an understanding of how to sample and check that controlled process discharges from area of responsibility to the environment are within prescribed limits
- Gain knowledge and experience in how to identify and halt unplanned discharges where possible, and reported immediately according to policy, procedure and regulation
- Gain an understanding of how equipment, waste or other materials for disposal are dealt with according to the correct procedure
- Ensure resources such as PPE, materials, tools and spares are accounted and not wasted or used inefficiently
Emergency Response (See Station Bill)
- Carry Out Emergency Response Role
- Develop competence during Emergency Response Drills and training exercises
- Qualified to N/SVQ/HNC/HND in Instrument technician or local technical school equivalent
- Basic knowledge and experience of Oil & Gas production, process and utilities systems, operations and wells
- Basic English language communication skills, spoken & written.
- Basic knowledge and experience of Safety Systems( ESD, Fire and Gas) , Oil & Gas production, Process and Utilities systems in the role of Instrument Technician.
- Once recruited the Junior Instrument Technician will be trained towards gaining their Electrical Authorisation by the (Field Electrical Authority) FEA to the appropriate level, in addition to their Instrument Competence.
- For the early phase of the project which is during commissioning and start-up the candidate shall have:
- Proven experience and/or qualified to N/SVQ/HNC/HND in instrument technician or local technical school equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience preferred
- Medically fit
- Exemplary awareness of safety issues. Conscientious, flexible, versatile and determined
- Willingness to learn and develop their personal skill set.
- Good levels of written and spoken communication. Positive and assertive
- Some previous electrical experience in an industrial
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.