MSELECT is looking to hire a Deputy Chief Auditor for a bank in Baghdad, must have 8+ years of experience in internal Auditing or equivalent fields with fluency in English and Arabic
Job Summary Profile:
The Deputy Chief Auditor is expected to manage and direct the Internal Audit activities through setting plans and programs for periodic audits and ensure implementation of the tasks assigned to auditor’s objectivity and neutrality and ensure their commitment to the standards of Internal Auditing procedure accredited to bank and the Central Bank.
Serving as liaison with the firm's outside auditors and regulatory organizations.
Typically requires a thorough knowledge of the organization’s audit systems, as well as up-to-date technical expertise and substantial experience in audit practices.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Selects, develops, and assesses the suitability of processes, formats, and frequency of audit and risk information collection, and reporting.
- Monitors audit engagements, ensuring proper coverage and appreciation of auditing principles and practice.
- Conducts audits in accordance with audit guidelines and departmental standards and tests the financial and budgetary controls, documenting any weaknesses.
- Outlines task schedules which comply with general audit program guidelines.
- Reviews audit documentation and reviews and/or prepares reports for senior management.
- Supports audit managers in responding to management queries regarding the internal control environment, and in carrying out investigations of alleged financial mismanagement, loss of assets or other irregularities.
- Provides organizational awareness and technical expertise in sensitive or complex audit engagements.
- May make recommendations on audit systems and software and assist in the trial, implementation, and training.
- May lead exit conferences depending on the scope, complexity, and sensitivity of the audit findings.
- May be involved in implementation of audit recommendations.
- Responds appropriately to management queries in relation to the internal control environment.
- Communicates and provides training in risk management and assurance within the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Banking & Finance or Accounting or any related field
- 8+ years of experience in internal Auditing or equivalent fields
- Knowledge in the Central Bank law, regulations and legislations
- Knowledge in Iraqi and international market developments
- Knowledge in bank & group provided products and services
- Knowledge in credit banking policies and procedures
- Knowledge in sales strategies
- Knowledge in Iraqi Market; its social and economic aspects
- Effective leadership, management, coaching, presentation, administrative and training skills
- Demonstrate persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Effective communicating and interpersonal skills
- Strategic planning & organizing skills
- Execution Excellence - Planning, Reporting, and Analytical Skills
- Uphold confidentiality and client privacy in all situations.
- Proactively seeks solutions that benefit the customer and the Bank.
- Maintaining integrity, honesty and utmost ethical standards at all times.
- Management by Objectives (MBO)