MSELECT is hiring a Deputy CPL Manager for an international oil and gas operator in Basra. Candidate must have a minimum of 20 years of related work experience and fluency in English is a must.
Uphold, maintain and improve procurement & contract tendering management
Number of staffs supervised Total: 10
- Review & verify all ITB and contract documents in value over 500K before they are issued.
- Review, verify, update and define ITB & Contract models (templates).
- From time to time review and update the working procedure as per manager request.
- Provide guidelines for auditing of tendering procedures for all major contracts and agreements.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- All user’s departments and Legal and Finance Departments
- Contractors, venders and BOC
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- Decisions having impact on Procurement and Contracting functions and policies are referred to CPL manager for approval before implementation.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Material Management or Engineering
- Certification in International Trade and Law, preferred
- Over 20 years’ working experience in related works, 10 years in oil field projects, preferably experience in recent large oil fields projects in Iraq, of which at least 5 years must have been in a supervisory capacity leading a section or department to complete the tendering work for;
- Umbrella contract and Purchase Orders for equipment and materials procurement
- Wells tie-in umbrella contract and Service Orders
- Lump sum EPC projects contracts
- General Engineering Services (GES) contract
- Project Management Consultancy (PMC) Services
- Knowledge of oilfield equipment and services
- Understanding of legal terms and conditions
- Commercial Acumen
- Business Acumen
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
- Team building
- Problem solving skills
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process