Our major Oil and Gas client is looking for Document Controller to manage internal and external design, vendor documents and project correspondence. The ideal candidate must have minimum of 3 years working experience as a document or data controller and will be based in Basra– Majnoon field.
- Provision of a full time resident document and data control transactional service in Majnoon.
- Provisions for project document control services to manage internal and external design and vendor documents, and project correspondence.
- Comply with the Company Records Management for Controlled and not-Controlled documents.
- Provisions for project filing, archiving and handover preparation services.
- Maintain paper and electronic document flow within project team, and from / to contractors or vendors.
- Prepare and issue document reports (Monthly Contractor Master Document Register status / progress / forecast, Weekly Company Document review statistics).
- Produce Project Document Control reports (status, progress and forecast) to be run on a weekly / monthly basis (as required) as part of standard Project KPI functions.
- Delivery services with regards to project data control work instructions covering data validation and handover to Operations, based the Company’s specific data control delivery procedure.
- Maintain the project reference data libraries for each data-oriented application.
- Collect and validate data from the execution contractors and / or internal Capital Project stakeholders into a central data repository.
- Support services to preparation of data handover to Commissioning and to Operations, or handover to next project phase.
- Provision for preparation and issue of data performance reports.
- 3 years minimum working experience as a document and/or data controller
- Cross-discipline engineering documents (requirements and use) and discipline approval processes within project teams (desirable).
- Records Management principles and implementation methods.
- Document control and document management systems as well as in using (at least some of) project reporting software such as Crystal, Business Objects, MS Access, and Excel (desirable).
- Previous experience in engineering IM is desirable
- Data control processes and systems, with exposure in an engineering/project environment, cross-discipline engineering data (requirements and use) including: business data model of engineering, spare parts processes, Maintenance Management System build processes (desirable).
- Good/fluent level of English of the CONTRACTOR personnel is mandatory. Dual language capability (English/Arabic) shall be preferable.