MSELECT is looking to hire a Field Piping QA/QC Inspector for one of the leading providers of solutions to the oil and gas and construction industries to be based in Sulaimaniya Province.
- Performing visual inspection of piping installation including:
- Verifying piping material identity (pipe, valves and fittings) and its conformance to the installation drawings.
- Verifying that welding inspection has been performed and joints have been released.
- Verification that dimensions and alignment tolerances of the piping systems are as per constructs specifications.
- In-process surveillance to verify compliance with specified piping erection procedure including flange alignments, torqueing, cleanliness etc.
- Performing piping walk down inspection and completing punch lists. Verifying that punch list items have been dealt with in accordance with the contractual arrangements.
- Reviewing and verifying completeness of piping test packages (hydro or pneumatic) prior to testing.
- Witnessing final piping tests.
- Completing and endorsing all inspection records from initial inspection till final acceptance of the piping systems.
- Maintaining interface with the Client (at the shop level) to ensure that all contractual and code requirements are met as far as the inspection scope is concerned.
- Provide assistance to the Project Engineer/Mechanical and Field Engineer.
- Responsible for coordinating the civil inspection activities of third party inspection and construction contractor’s inspection team on site.
- Conduct regular schedule meetings with third party inspectors, Civil Engineer and Project Engineer where applicable to align on project quality goals.
- Monitor contractor QA/QC activities and maintain records to support document control.
- Ensuring that responses are complete and in compliance with the contract documents. Where problems are found, work with Project Engineer/Mechanical Engineer to resolve.
- Audit inspections for conformity to contract documents and contractor submitted plans.
- Assist to identify, respond to or evaluate technical issues to maintain the schedule.
- Prepare and review engineering studies by applying accepted principles, codes and standards.
- Support assurance activities of the quality engineer in maintaining compliance of QPH to the Project Management Manual.
- To carry out inspection and maintenance records in accordance with PQP and includes raising.
- Minimum academic qualification is a Technical Engineering Diploma.
- Five (5) years of experience as QC Inspector of which at least 3 years in piping inspection. At least 2 years of experience in inspection of oil and gas and petrochemical projects.
- Experience in welding inspection or fabrication of piping and vessels to international codes (ASME, AWS).
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate a good understanding environmental regulations and requirements.
- Ability to influence and drive contractor to improve safety, quality, and production.
- Ability to effectively engage with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Quality Surveillance.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.