Mselect is hiring a Drill Pipe Technician for an oil services client in Basrah, 3-5 years of experience in drill pipe running procedures,fluency in Arabic and English is a must.
Qualification and Requirements
- Should be proficient with drill pipe-running procedures and have experience of 3-5 years
- Must be familiar with RIG environment, including rig-up and rig-down procedures
- Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally with rig and operator personnel, complete all required paperwork (including job packets), and troubleshoot equipment on location
- Responsible for reporting any incidents, safety or quality, to management
- Routinely prepares the rig floor area for whatever operation is to take place as well as function checks all casing handling and running tools to enable carrying out operational activities such as picking up, laying down, running, retrieving, connecting, tripping, standing back andor disconnecting all components of the casing drill string, completion string, and when required, drill pipe
- Responsible for completing all necessary operational and safety paperwork, including but not limited to job packets, equipment documentation, incident reports, etc.
- Assists and helps Driller carry out all operational activities around the rig floor or any other area of the rig location as designated by the Driller
- Assists service company personnel in rigging up or down special equipment andor tools if instructed to do so by the Driller
- Maintains a safe working environment and reasonably clean and tidy rig floor area by picking up and storing all tools in their respective storage areas after using, discarding waste materials and washing down the rig floor and rig floor equipment as often as necessary
- Maintain a knowledge and awareness of safe working habits and rig safety rules and regulations
- Compliance with all Policies, Systems, and Standards, including, but not limited to Compliance and Legal, Finance, Human Resources, Quality and HSE, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- QHSE Excellence is our Highest Priority
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.